Chapter 21

It's raining.

I always liked the rain. It was such an amazing feeling when I wrapped myself with blankets and read a book as the droplets hit the window. It created such a soothing melody that always helped me forget of my problems.

Now, it's just reminding me of how cold and dark our apartment used to be.

I looked out the window and watched the many people frantically looking for shelter.

How will I leave at this rate?

The rain will drench my boxes and the fans might spot me. Well, the haters? I don't really know if they hate me or want to thank me for giving them a chance to score with Akechi.

It hurts when I open my page to see comments about how they have him all to themselves.

If only they knew...

And if only I knew what I was getting myself into.

I shook my head and sighed.

Stop thinking about him.

I'm moving out in a couple more days. Just a few more interactions and I'm gone. Akira said Sojiro wouldn't mind if I slept with him in that attic of his.

I gave him my thanks.

Ryuji wanted to help me pack, but he got detention after failing to turn in his work for the fifth time this week.

And the others shared their concern for me while offering for help. As much as I wanted to say yes, I felt as if I would be better off doing things myself.

Once I find a place, I can talk to Sae and tell her about my situation. Then ask our boss if he can get me out of my partnership.

To be honest, I miss him. We may still live together for now, but it's like living with a stranger. We don't even look at each other as we enter the same room.

He's slept on the couch while I slept in the bedroom. Well, we don't even sleep. All we've been doing was work.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him drooling on his paperwork after a whole night of work.

I always finished faster than him. Akechi always had a problem staying organized.

I went through my drawers again to see what else I had left. It really was shocking when I finally saw almost all my belongings in the boxes. Did I really live with all this?

They were old, discolored clothes that looked like ragged hand-me-downs. I used to cry whenever I had clothes like these years ago. It brought back those terrible times when I lived off the paycheck of a waitress.

Now that I had everything... I guess I forgot all about these clothes. And I spent my money on custom-made clothes from a local designer in the city.

How was Yusuke surviving? Even I wouldn't be able to survive with the money he has. He doesn't even sell his artwork to get the money. He saves up in any way he can.

I took all the clothes out the drawers and dumped them on the bed.

I sorted the clothes in two piles; the new and old ones.

Once I finished with the first drawer, I went with the next. The second drawer is where I had my precious belongings. I had my perfumes, make-up, and all sorts of stuff in there.

I rummaged through and took everything out until I felt the book under all the bottles.

My lips trembled as I took it out and opened to the first page.