Chapter Twelve (M)

The whole car ride back to their house seems like Mina is in an isolated island.

Y/N didn't utter a word after they got out of the room until now. Mina can't even utter a word because of the aura of her wife. She doesn't know what to say. She just kept her mouth closed and didn't force to say anything.

This silence is so deafening. But I'm too afraid to talk to her, not this time.

"B-babe?" Mina called her lowly and softly.

"Hm?" Y/N hummed as response without looking at her wife. Eyes on the road.

Mina felt a sudden relief when her wife's voice is in normal tone.

"Nothing." Mina smiled sweetly.

Y/N took a glance to her wife. "I know what you're thinking, baby. I'm not mad. Kinda pissed off, yes." Y/N admitted.

"Because of the job or your brother?" Mina asked, trying to make a conversation with her wife.

"Both." Y/N replied. "Director Nam gave me a month of vacation two weeks ago, I still have two more weeks to relax and to be with you but here they are, telling me that I need to fly to the Philippines for a charity project." Y/N complained.

Mina nodded her head. "It's your own will to help those people in need, right? So why complain?"

"Baby, that project will last for two months or more as what you've heard earlier. I'm not complaining because of the job, I'm complaining about the days of work. I can't be that far from you without communication. I can't even last a day without hearing your voice and seeing your face. Holding your hands and kissing you. How am I supposed to survive for two months without those?"

Mina chuckled softly and leaned forward to give her wife a kiss on her cheek since she is driving.

"I can't survive without those, too, baby. Just think of it as a challenge for our relationship. How are we going to survive and cope up with that two months without regularly talking and seeing each other like the usual." Mina said.

"Well, you have your members and fans to divert your attention with. While me? I'll be stuck with those three morons for two months." Y/N huffed.

Y/N's mom and dad decided to include the three musketeers— I mean, the best friends of Y/N— Karl, Reign and Maxine for the project like the old days.

Karl is assigned for the foods that will be given to the people that they are going to help. Reign is assigned for education, since Reign loves to teach kids, she will be teaching the poor kids for the whole two months. And last, Maxine. She is assigned for the interviewing since she was graduated Mass Communication, Major in Journalism back when she was in College.

Mina laughed softly. "Don't talk like that. I know you love your best friends." Mina said as she glanced to her wife.

"Well, yes. Maybe you're right. But I'll feel much more better if you're there with me."

Mina can sense sadness in her wife's voice.

"You know we can't, babe. I want to come with you, honestly. But I can't just leave my group that easy."

Y/N sighed. "I know."

Career. Career. Fucking career.

Silence filled the car again. Mina is hesitant to ask for her wife's another problem.

Should I ask her? We'll probably end this conversation fighting about him again if I ask. I think I should not.

So, Mina followed her mind. She didn't ask about Y/N's brother. instead, she just kept quiet for the time being.