The Other Side

[Rayne]

"Anyways, so it'd be really great if you could have Darling fixed up in time for tonight," I told Dean after describing the weird sound my engine had been making for the last few days.

Dean cocked an eyebrow. "You named your car Darling?"

My cheeks heated up again. "Don't make fun of me; I swear I'm not the only one who does it."

"No, you're right — you're not. I call my car Baby."

I grinned. "What kind of car is it?"

"See for yourself."

He threw his dirty hand rag on the hood of a nearby car and walked out of the garage, wordlessly intending for me to follow. We walked around the corner of the building, and there, in all its glory, stood the sexiest car I had ever seen. Granted, its driver may have had some influence on my opinion, but regardless, I definitely would not have minded getting behind its wheel.

Gliding a finger over the polished black exterior, I emitted a low whistle of approval. "Chevrolet Impala 196...6?"

I turned around to find Dean standing with his feet spread and arms crossed, watching me with an appreciative glint in his eyes. "'67," he corrected. "But I'm impressed that you even knew that much. Most girls would have just said 'shiny.'" He said the word in a stereotypically 'ditzy girl' voice while pretending to twirl a long, invisible piece of hair.

"Well, I'm not most girls, Dean Winchester." I gave him a flirty wink. "Who do you think fixed up Darling over there?" I threw a thumb in the direction of the garage.

"No kidding!"

"Well, with the help of my dad and his friend."

The gorgeous man stood looking at me for a silent moment before suddenly spinning around and heading back in the direction that we came from. "Is your car unlocked?" he asked over his shoulder.

"Yes?" I followed him in confusion. 

He opened the driver's side door of Darling, slid in sideways into the front seat and opened the glove compartment where I had my stack of CDs. My collection of classic rock either intimidated most guys or they found it really attractive, although they themselves listened to nothing but the current hits. I was curious to see which camp he'd fall into.

Dean went through the stack of CDs, listing off the names of the bands as he did. "AC/DC, Boston, Aerosmith..." His eyes widened as he came across the next title. He looked at me with something akin to hunger. "Are you for real?"

I giggled. "Don't tell me you're a fan of Led Zeppelin?"

He put the CDs back and got out of the car. "Of course I'm a fan! None of that glitzy pop rock that kids listen to these days for me."

Pleased at his answer, I smiled brightly at him. "It's like you stole the words right outta my mouth."

[Dean]

I couldn't tear my eyes away from her as she leaned over the hood of her car; signing the papers I gave her. I knew there was no way in hell I'd ruin her car, but from a young age my dad drilled into me that it was better to be safe than sorry.

My dad. I wondered what he would say if he was around to witness the vision in the red 1954 Chevrolet Corvette that showed up at my garage. A girl with a preference for good cars and classic rock music? He would have probably told me to marry her.

Sam would have laughed and muttered something about there not being enough room in the universe for a female version of myself. However, Sam was off somewhere being a hotshot lawyer with his girlfriend. He wouldn't care what I was doing or whom I was doing it with.