Prison Break

[Rayne]

Dean and I were getting ushered side-by-side into the police station, and I was kissing my freedom goodbye. Our persons were searched, we were asked our basic personal information while we got fingerprinted, and then our mug shots were taken. I was just thanking our lucky stars that Sam took the bag with all our stuff and that we didn't have any weapons on us at the time of the arrest.

The police station was predictably small for the size of the town, and the majority of the people working there looked like volunteers. I was fairly certain that Dean and I could've taken on the five or so officers in the whole building and gotten away on our own.

Dean seemed to be confident, however, that Sam would get us out, so I decided to follow his lead. We were being escorted down the hall by the police officer that caught us outside of Carl's apartment when he stopped and told me to go wait in a separate room for further questioning. I glanced at Dean with panicked eyes. There was no way that questioning would take less than ten minutes, and I really didn't feel like dying at that moment. 

"What do we do?" I whispered to him.

"Make a scene," Dean said to me quietly while the police officer was unlocking the door.

"What?"

"Make a scene," Dean repeated. "Freak out. Tell them you can't stand to be away from me."

"Well, aren't you modest?"

"Just do it, Cherry Pie," he hissed.

Taking a deep breath, I grabbed a hold of my rising anxiety, intending to use it to my advantage. "Umm, Officer?" The officer turned to me in question, and I leaned in to read his name-tag. "Officer O'Malley?"

"Yes?"

"Umm, well, you see, there's a bit of a problem..."

"What is it?"

"I have these really bad anxiety attacks,' — I smiled weakly at him — "and the only person who can keep me calm is Dean, here. I need to be with him at all times or things get pretty ugly."

He was giving me the 'you think I'm that dumb?' look. "Uh-huh, okay. Get in." He grabbed my upper arm and started pulling me into the room.

I jerked away, backing into Dean. "No, I'm serious," I insisted, my voice rising. "I get medication for it and everything. I can't be alone."

O'Malley sighed heavily, like he didn't get paid enough to deal with my crap. "Listen, sweetheart. Just get in the room. If you're as innocent as you're claiming to be, it won't take long."

"No, no!" I pleaded, the tears springing to my eyes. "You don't understand. I have to stay with him! You have to let me stay!"

"I can't do that." 

By that point my body was thinking that it was having a full on panic attack, and my acting skills were no longer necessary. The arrest along with the thought of Dean and I being separated and snapping the rubber band fueled the terror in me, and I was no longer responsible for my actions.

"Please, you have to-" 

The ringing in my ears resounded in tune with the rushing of blood, the erratic thumping of my heart, and my shallow breaths. Not enough oxygen was getting into my lungs, and I was wheezing as I grabbed onto whoever was next to me for support. I was definitely going to kick myself later for willingly succumbing to my anxiety. It hadn't gotten that bad in almost a year. Someone was yelling something at me, but I was focusing on staying upright as I began to experience tunnel vision.