How you met (Pt. 1)

Alright so this is my first fanfic, so I'm sorry if it's not great. Please let me know what you think by commenting and voting!
I hope you like these, I tried to make them gender neutral.
Also, I'm sorry if anything I write offends you. I'm pretty sure I won't but ya know just bein safe

Y/N - Your name
Y/L/N - Your last name
Y/F/N - Your father's name
Anything said in italics is your thoughts

- Luther -

You were an astronaut, specifically a pilot. You had worked extremely hard to make a name for yourself at such a young age. Being that you had cut ties with your parents years ago, you jumped at the chance to fly other engineers and scientists to and from Earth and high tech space stations on the moon. You were a pilot for hire, you didn't work for any specific country or corporation, though NASA hired you often.

What made you special was that you could fly almost any ship. Plus you didn't ask questions so you got a lot of shady, but well paying, clients.

It was dull and repetitive, you were really just a deliveryman/woman. Though, you didn't mind, it was a stable life and you lived for seeing space.

Space was quiet, and you didn't have anyone waiting around so badger you. It was a dream job, really.

One day, after you had delivered an astrophysicist to some lab, you were contacted by a signal that didn't belong to anyone you had ever worked for before. You were just about to launch off back to Earth before you received a message from someone claiming to be the infamous Reginald Hargreaves. He was willing to pay handsomely if you simply waited on the moon for two days, then take his son back home.

You didn't understand why you couldn't just take him back that day but whatever. You just wanted money, and from what you remembered, this guy was loaded.

Two days later, it was announced that Reginald Hargreaves was, in fact, dead. Your suspicion grew but then you remembered this wasn't your fucking problem.

So that's what brings you here, next to this weirdly buff man while he wastes away in his angst.

If it wasn't already obvious, you didn't care for anything family related, specifically parents.

You did get a lump in your throat every time you heard a small sob. You looked over at him, he was turned away as much as he could be with the seatbelt barely fitting over his chest.

You sighed, "H-hey," you hesitated, "listen, Luther, was it? I know this really... uh.. this really is not the greatest thing ever. At all. But... uh..."

You were completely blowing it,

"but you won't be able to function of you hold in your tears. You seem like you're the hero type, the strong one of the family or some shit. I know that you'll try to act strong, so you should probably let it all out now. I promise I won't judge." You looked at what you could see of him, which wasn't much considering a half of his face was covered by a beard.

"There's no shame in crying, we all do it."

He was silent untill he slowly turned his head to you. You whipped your head back to the controls, hoping he didn't realize you were checking him out.

"Why do you care?" He voice sounded so broken, tired.

"I don't even know man, but from what I've learned, it's sometimes best to vent it all out to a stranger than to family," you sighed. You slowly looked into his glassy eyes, and offered and small smile.