They Realize They Like You (Pt. 2)

Sorry these are a bit short, I don't really have any inspiration for a few of the characters

- Ben -

Ben whistled a tuneless song as he made his way to where you'd said you were painting,

Rosewood, right?

Ben thought to himself, turning the corner onto the street in question. He walked to the end and sure enough, you were in the alley way, sitting opposite an open brick wall, spray can in hand.

Ben smiled and decided to see if he could scare you,

"Hey! Are you supposed to be out here?!" He called in the deepest, most authoritative voice he could muster,

"Fuuuuck fuck fuck fuck fuck" you frantically whispered to yourself, scrambling to your feet, and making a break for it in the other direction, stumbling a bit.

Ben chuckled and sprinted after you, him catching up easily,

Gotta remind myself to thank dad for all that training

He noted before tackling you down, making you drop your spray can.

Actually I probably shouldn't do that... who knows what he's do if he found out what I was using it for

"Ow! Shit man I'm sorry ok-- Ben?" You could barely see him out the corner of your eye as you strained to look back. Ben was laying on top of you, while you were facing the nasty sidewalk floor.

Not gonna lie, you sort of liked it...

"Heya there," Ben smiled warmly, sliding off you, holding out a hand, "how's it goin?"

You huffed, taking his hand, and trying to walk as dignified as you could back to the wall, "You legit gave me a heart attack, dude. For the sake of my well being, never do that again."

"Sorry sorry, pinky promise I won't!" Ben picked up the forgotten can, almost skipping over to you, "I give you this spray can as a sign of my sorryness."

"Gee, thanks" taking his offering, you started your work.

After a few hours, you had a beautifully detailed ballerina standing on a stage, her back facing the audience painted in the background. The lights behind her casting a shadow to cover her front and face, head bowed and in first position.

"You know, each time I see one of your paintings," Ben handed you your flashlight, "they're all so different. You seem to know exactly what to do, even without a reference. How?"

"Well Ben, my dear boy, let's just say my fathers have high expectations for me, thus they had me study as many things as I could." You sighed vaguely, slinging your backpack over your shoulder and flopping your arm over Ben's shoulders, leading him out of the alley.

Ben hadn't taken off his bandana off, and he was glad for it, since he had a goofy smile and blush plastered on his face. He felt so giddy that you hadn't known each other for long, but you were comfortable enough to hold him close, comfortable enough to share your backstory with him. Even if it was little and unclear, he still appreciated it.

"'Fathers'?" Ben pried, trying learn as much as he could. He was isolated most of his life, and was too shy to ask others about the world outside the Umbrella Academy, so anything different from his life was interesting to learn about.