We Meet Again (Pt.1)

- Luther -

You couldn't forget Luther, even though you thought you would by now.

You checked your bank account after he had left, and realized how much you were given for that one job. It was enough to retire for life. Of course, you weren't actually going to retire, but you declared a break was long overdue.

Deciding it was time to eat some junk food, as you were eating literally nothing but healthy crap and protein paste, you went a diner close to where you had landed. You just wanted a good old fashioned doughnut and coffee.

Walking in to the rustic looking diner, you immediately planted yourself at the counter, waiting for someone to ask you what you wanted. You were half asleep but still managed to give the kind waitress your order.

Luther never left your mind, so instead of ignoring the nagging urge to try find him again, you decided to learn more about the man.

You never knew much about the Umbrella Academy, you had better things to do with your life when they were popular. So now you had to get all your information from the autobiography Extra Ordinary, written by Luther's sister, Vanya.

Holy fuck, you were completely sucked in to this absolutely abusive family. You got physically sick just by reading this, but you couldn't stop.

You figured out you were right, Luther was the strong one in the family. He was number one.

The book kept getting deeper and deeper, you barely noticed your food and drink being set. You read the book once already, you just kept going back to the parts about Luther.

From what you could tell, he had advanced strength, and could really take a punch. That must be why he was so big, he probably always had a bunch of muscle mass ever since he was young...

"Y/N!!"

"Fucking--" you flinched so hard you knocked your coffee mug on the floor, shattering it on the ground. You hadn't even realized it was there when your hands flew to grip the counter on instinct.

"Aw shit, I am so sorry I can pay for the mug ma'am!" You apologized as you and the waitress, who happened to be walking by, as you both picked up the pieces. She smiled tiredly and thanked you.

Soon, you saw another set of hands, fingerless gloved hands, joined yours. You looked up to see the man of the hour, Luther himself.

"I-I am so sorry, I called your name a few times but you seemed in you own little world and... god I'm so sorry..." Woah he shaved. Noice...

"No, no, it was my fault. I should've been more aware of my surroundings," you all stood up, drying your hands, and you handed a twenty to the waitress

Fuck, the book! You quickly slid it into your backpack when he was turned around to give the waitress some of the mug's pieces.

When he turned back around, you smiled and sat with Luther at an empty table, "Uh, it's nice to see you again though. What are you doing here?" My hands are sticky. Gross.

Luther gave a dashing smile, "I used to come here all the time when I was younger. My siblings and I came here almost every Saturday for doughnuts and milkshakes."