Prologue

Waves.

I smiled as I remembered Lola Louissana's words to me. The deep oceans are compared to the waters of memories . Once you drown yourself in it, no one could ever see you, no one would ever help you, that's why you have to strive to get out of it and save yourself.

"You should never let yourself lost in the waves, MN." Those words echoed in my mind.

Never have I ever expected that one day I'll be the one who'll drown myself into it. That I'd be the one who'll wish to leave my last breath in it.

I am born being a Ramirez, one of the most respected families in the town of Pontevedra. Dating may mataas na katungkulan ang lolo ko sa Sandatahang Lakas ng Pilipinas, ang lola ko naman ay isa sa mayayamang haciendera ng Pontevedra. Maybe some people might say that our life is as good as it is because we never encountered problems in any aspects but they were wrong.

Many would say that Lolo didn't really love Lola at pinili lang magpakasal ni Lolo because of the traditional marriage na mayroon ang kapwa pamilya namin but I see the opposite because everytime I see their eyes, it feels like seeing the deep oceans of love.

Lola once told me to marry the man who loves me in the future and not the man I love. At first, it's so confusing dahil bata pa ako noon but when I grow up I realized the rumors were true.

Nang namatay si Lola I was there watching Lolo cried for her. He was begging for another chance to love her, and to prove her about his love but it was too late.

"I was never enough for you! You were my darkness as well as my light. You were the one who loved me until the end but all I did is to give you heartaches, pain and sadness. You were never happy with me. You left me without you hearing the words 'I love you'. Louissana I am sorry. Patawarin mo ako." He said as he cried harder.

I watched him beg for forgiveness, for the time that he wasted, for the second chance, he knew he'll never have. I learned that Lolo was bound to love Lola but Lolo love someone else. He hated Lola because of that and promised to love no one.

Lola died not hearing the words she's longing to hear from the man she loved.

Namulat ako sa pag-iibigang kailan ma'y hindi ko makakalimutan. It's true that love is a very powerful thing. A tragic love I have seen in my very eyes made me wonder what really love is. Simula noon natatakot na akong mahulog, natakot na akong masaktan, natakot na akong magmahal sa kahit na sino man.

I spread my arms as if those were wings and closed my eyes. Pagod na ako sa lahat ng nangyayari. The happiness and joy that I have is nothing compared to the doubts, the fears, the sadness that I felt.

Tumalon ako mula sa mataas na parte ng bangin hanggang sa maramdaman ko ang mabilis na pagsalubong ng malamig na hangin sa akin. I felt the peace that I'm feeling. Finally, I have to sleep from a very tiring day.

The memories from the start flashed in my mind like a movie. My mom, dad at si kuya. A tear escaped in my eyes about those memories hanggang sa lumipat ito at nakita ko roon ang isang lalaki. In the ocean of people I see his serious, cold eyes stared at me. Narinig ko ang tuksuhan ng mga tao sa paligid at nakita ko ang sarili kong naiinis na umalis. It fast forward hanggang sa nakita niya akong umiyak, ngumiti at tumawa.

Siya lang ang nag-iisang taong hindi ng iwan, siya lang yung nag-iisang taong nandiyan para sa akin kahit na ano ang mangyari. I smiled at that memory, it's the best that I have, having someone with me through the dark times, through the dark days.

He was looking at me ng lumingon ako sa kaniya. Tumalon ako sa tubig hanggang sa hinayaan kong malunod ang sarili ko sa tubig. Unti-unti akong nawawalan ng hangin hanggang sa lumabo na ang paningin ko. I gasped for air but the cold water is drowning me. I felt someone hold me at unti-unti kaming umaahon pataas.

His angry eyes met mine at inilapag niya ako sa buhangin. His face went close hanggang sa naramdaman ko ang labi niyang lumapat sa akin slowly giving me the air that I needed hanggang napa-ubo na ako ng tubig. My vision is still blurry at nilalamig na din ako. He wrapped me with a towel and I everything went black.

He was the one who's with me through the dark times. He cares for me until no one was there for me. My Lolo was right when you love someone you have him as your darkness and light and that moment I knew that he's the one. I followed what my lola had said to find someone who loves me and find someone I love and he's right here. Maybe the problems were just challenges that I faced but I knew that he's the man I'm willing to spend the rest of my life with. No wonder he makesmy heart beats fast, makes me feel worthy in my existence and I love him for that.

I may have drown in the deep oceans of love but surely, he'll find a way to save me .From now on I'm not afraid to drown myself, to be lost in the waves because he's with me, he will save me.

---

#