Chapter 3

Still Sunday

Draco P.O.V.

"You want to... help? Me? Why? Why would the golden boy want to help someone like me? Just because of some little crush and some flowers? That's dumb."

"It's not because of a little crush and some flowers, Malfoy. Mind you these flowers could kill you." Good. Let them.

I decided not to reply. I needed him to go away before the coughing started again. I didn't want to deal with it right now. But I also didn't want him to leave. Oh god why does this have to happen to me?

"Hey.." he said, placing a hand on my arm. I flinched at his touch, but he kept his hand there. "I may not be able to help completely right now, but the most I can do is put you at ease. Just let me help. Okay?" Dammit why must he be so nice all the time?

"What choice do I have? I'm gonna die either way." He seemed to think about his reply.

"Not on my watch."

Thursday

Pansy P.O.V.

Draco said that Potter's been coming by the hospital wing to talk with him. That made me feel a little better. (Draco told me about his little crush on monday. It suprised me at first, but as long as he's happy. Except, he's not really happy right now is he?)

Goddamnit Potter I wish you could just love him back. I know I can't force this on you but I don't like seeing him like this.

Madame Pomfrey said Draco was free to leave anytime, but Draco said he was too afraid to leave in case it happened again. I tried to assure him it wouldn't, but he didn't believe me.

So I've been bringing him his assignments and notes from classes, and some food occasionally, but other than that, I've just been visiting him.

I've ran into Potter a few times when going to check up on Draco, most of the time he was leaving the hospital wing after talking with Draco, other times he's just talking with a teacher.

Draco's condition hasn't been getting any better, but it hasn't been getting any worse either. Every morning he coughs up another round of those stupid petals, along with the usual blood, but after about 15 minutes it'll go away.

He likes talking about Potter.

Whenever I'm there, he'll talk to me about their conversations. It makes him happy. And I like seeing him happy. I don't like watching him cough up flower petals every morning.

I hope he turns out okay..

I don't want him to die.

He's like a brother to me.

I don't wanna lose him.

Friday - Saturday

Harry P.O.V.

"You really need to get out of the hospital wing Draco." I said looking around. It had become usual for me to go and visit him every day after classes. And somehow, we transitioned from last names to first.

"I don't feel comfortable leaving yet." He said quietly. "I'm afraid it'll start up again."

"It won't I promise. Just trust me." He looked at me with sad eyes.

"Just because you're the reason this is happening doesn't mean you have to stop your love life completely for me, Harry."

"Mmmmm, yes it does."

"No."

"Yes." "

"No." "

"Yes."