Chapter 3 - Nightmares

[Lucia]

"Dad, can we have a movie marathon tonight with mom? She's coming home today right?"

"Sorry pumpkin mom said that something came up and she won't make it." He ruffles my hair and stops at the red light.

"How about we have a father and daughter movie night huh?" I smile and nod and he starts driving again and we get on the highway. "Dad watch out-" a black SUV collides with the driver's side door and we roll into a ditch.

"Dad? Are you ok?"

"Dad!"

"D-Daddy please answer me." I look over and reach out to him and he takes my hand and looks up at me. "It will be alright pumpkin."

I went to say something but his eyes roll to the back of his head. "No, no, no, no dad!"

*

I shoot up from bed soaked with a mixture of sweat and tears rolling down my face. "Dad?" I look around frantically and spot Alex in the corner. "Alex! Please don't be gone like him please get up." She shoots up and rushes over to me.

"Hey, hey I'm right here I'll never leave you."

"Never?" I question not really believing her. Everyone leaves. "I will never leave you." She pulls me into her chest and sits on the bed despite the sheets being soaked in sweat. "I'm right here Lucia and I'm not going anywhere."