Chapter 16 - Mama

[Alex]

Today T is bringing Lily to see Lucia. I don't know how much longer Tierna is going to last without breaking down. She usually holds her emotions in until Lily is sleeping but she hasn't been going to bed a whole lot lately.

"Lucia if you can hear me no more crashing today you can't scare Lily more than she already is." I run my hand through her hair that has grown out of its usual shoulder length and her real hair color she hates so much is showing.

I soon move onto tracing some of the tattoos she has along her arm and I zone out. After a while, I'm taken back to reality when I hear rapid beeping. "Not again," I mumble and my voice breaks as I hold back tears and watch from the corner as the doctors start to do their thing.

I hear someone by the door and snap my head over there hoping it's not Lily. I sigh when I see Carli and after the doctors have her stabilized I walk over and wrap her in a hug. "I don't know how much longer I can do this," I whisper quietly in her ear.

"What do you mean?" She pulls away and looks at me worried. "I have to act strong for everyone but it's getting harder and harder every day with how bad she's getting."

"Alex you don't have to act strong." I take a deep breath and calm myself down. "What if she doesn't wake up?"

"She's done it before she'll do it again." I nod and we sit in silence until Lily walks in with T not so far behind her. Lily stares at Lucia from the door and she looks scared. "Lily you can go over there," Tierna says to her and she shuffled over to the side Carli's on before hugging her.

"Hi, aunt Carlos." For the first time in forever a smile breaks out on everyone's face and we all chuckle. "I taught her that." All of our snap to where the sound came from...

Oh my god...