Chapter 21 - Empty-Handed

[Lucia]

Have you ever just wanted to punch a wall?

That's how I feel 24/7 now. I can't even sleep at our apartment T and I have been living in a hotel for the past week and have been looking for a house.

Lily is still missing and my little hope is fading away quickly. Tierna is too positive and all about 'we just have to be patient'. I want to keep her hope alive as long as I can so I'm trying to be positive around her.

This has put a wedge in our relationship especially since we were going to tell people that we are engaged soon. The team postponed the camp where all of the retired players meet up also I'm sad I have to wait longer to see Cheney but I'm also happy so we don't have to miss out on seeing anyone.

They have found 100 different potential locations but she hasn't been at any of them. But yet again here we are Tierna pacing around the police department waiting room while we wait for them to come back empty-handed.

"Tierna sit down please?" She shakes her head and goes ever so slightly faster. "Babe please they could be another hour. All I'm asking you is to sit down and wait I don't care if your leg bounces the whole time but for fucks sake just stop pacing!" I raise my voice a bit when I say the last part and she silently sits in the chair beside me.

"Sorry for raising my voice." I reach for her hand and she brushes me off. I sigh and lean back in my chair but we both bolt up when the door opens revealing empty-handed agents.

"I'm sorry." I nod and I look back to Tierna and see she has her head hanging low and she just walks right out the door. "Bye. Thank you for trying." I wave to the detectives and walk out to the car and get in.

"Are you ok T?" I look over to her and she has tears streaming down her face. I reach over and placing my hand on her thigh and squeezing her thigh. I do that multiple times on the way to the hotel. "Do you want a piggyback ride?"

She nods so I carry her up to our room. "Wanna take a bath?" She nods again and I start a bath before helping her into the tub. I join her not too long after.

The bath is mainly tame with only a couple kisses here and there along with a little touching. We both cuddle and she falls asleep in my arms I however can't fall asleep with the footsteps outside our door on top of many other noises.

When my phone starts ringing I jump up and wake the sleeping Tierna that was on my chest in the process. "What's wrong?" says drowsily. "Go back to sleep," I answer the call and walk out to the tiny balcony.

"What Alex?"

"You never called anyone for an update. Please tell me it was happy news and you didn't call because you were too distracted loving your child and celebrating that she is safe?"

"Sorry Al they came back empty-handed and Tierna took this one bad."

"Ok well, then I'll let you go. I love you."

"Love you too, Al." She chuckles and I hang up walking back into the room to see Tierna sitting on the bed with her thinking face.

"Hey, what's up?" She snaps her head up to me while I make my way to standing between her legs and my arms wrapped around her torso.

"You had your thinking face." She shakes her head and pecks my lips. "Its nothing Lucy."

"Aw, what happened to Lia? You haven't been calling me that and your the only person who does still."

"Sorry, Lia." She chuckles which makes me smile. "I missed your smiles." She rolls her eyes and pulls me down on the bed. "Cuddle." I sigh and flip us so shes on top of me. "I knew you liked the bottom, Lia." She winks at me and I roll my eyes. "Please go back to bed," I beg her.

"Fine." We both get comfortable and I fall asleep quite easily.