Chapter 10: The Wedding of Mr. & Mrs. Butterfly

A few months have passed since Moon's funeral and Star had gotten better over that time, having now become the queen of Mewni castle, Marco having finished high school, he decided it was time to ask Star his question. Marco made his way back to the castle and Star was watching TV in their room, "Oh hi Marco, congrats on graduating high school!!" Star said, "Thanks Star." Marco replied, he knew he had to ask her here and now, "Hey Star?" Marco asked, "Hang on Marco, I have a gift for you.... here it is..." Star said, she then pulls out a hidden present for him, "Aww, thanks Star. What is it?" Marco asked, "Open it up." Star replied, Marco smiling open's the gift and pulls out a cut twisted warnicorn horn, "What is it?" Marco asked confused, "It's a freshly cut twisted warnicorn horn silly." Star replied, "Is this a type of Mewni thing or..." Marco said, Star then wrapped her arm around him, "Oh Marco, Marco, Marco, when your dating the new Queen of Mewni... ish, you gotta expect strange gifts like this. Besides, warnicorn horns are a Butterfly tradition for betrothals." Star said, Marco was confused about what she said then pieced it together, she was asking to marry him, "Star?! Are.... Are you serious?!" Marco asked, "Yes, I am. We've been dating for almost 5 years now, it's time to take the next step..." Star said, Marco completely shocked that she asked before him, "Star, I.... I can't believe you beat me to it..." Marco said, Star looked confused but then she realized he was planning to ask too, "You were planning this too?!" Star asked, Marco nodded and pulled out the star shaped diamond ring he was hiding, "So, whats our answers?" Marco asked, Star tearing up with joy said the word he waited to hear for years, "Yes, yes I will marry you Marco!" Star said, "And I'll marry you too Star!" Marco said, and the two shared a kiss and then hugged.

Pony Head, Janna, Jackie, and Mrs. Diaz were helping Star into her wedding dress, "You chose well Star, Marco is a great man and I know he'll be there for you when you need him." Jackie said, "Oh come on, we all know he's the one who needs to be looked after." Star said, giving all the girls a laugh, "I'll admit, if anyone knows how to care for that big idiot, it's you Star." Janna said, "Thanks Janna." Star said, meanwhile Tom, King Butterfly, and Mr. Diaz were getting Marco into his suit, "I may have not been good enough for Star, but I know you'll always be there for her." Tom said, "I'll be with her for all eternity..." Marco said, "My little boy is growing up!!" Mr. Diaz said trying to hold back tears of pride, "I'm proud of you my boy, you've grown up so much, and I'm happy to leave my daughter in capable hands like you." King Butterfly said, "Thanks River." Marco said, soon they were ready and it was time for the wedding ceremony.

The wedding hall was covered in beautiful heart shaped petals and crescent garland, as Marco stood at the alter nervous about the wedding, the wedding music started to play and Marco turned around to see Star in her beautiful wedding dress, with her father walking her down the alter, she had a smile on her face the entire time, Marco started to smile as well and finally Star made it to the alter and Marco took her hand, "You look like a dork" Star laughed, "And you look... absolutely beautiful..." Marco said, they both then smiled as the wedding began. "Ladies and gentlemen, we are gathered here today to celebrate the binding of two souls, never has Mewni seen such pure love in these two, that if the world separated them, they would always find a way back to each other." Skywyne said, as Star and Marco smiled at each other, they started to blush slightly, "Do you, Marco Ubaldo Diaz, take Star Butterfly to be your lawfully wedded wife, in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer, till death do you part as long as you both shall live?" Skywyne asked, "I do..." Marco replied, "And do you, Star Butterfly, take Marco Diaz to be your lawfully wedded husband, in times of danger and safety, for years to come, till death do you part, as long as you both shall live?" Skywyne asked, Star giggled and said two words... "I do..." she replied, Skywyne smiled then continued, "With that being said, may I have the rings?" Skywyne said and Tom approached with the rings, Skywyne gave one to Star and Marco and they slid them onto their ring fingers, "By the power vested in me, I pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss the bride." Skywyne said and soon Star and Marco shared a kiss and everyone clapped and cheered.

After talking it through, Comet and Skywyne decided it was time for them to return to their times now, "Well Star, looks like your able to take care of yourself now, I think it's time for me and Comet to head back to our times." Skywyne said, Star agreed and opened to the portal and Skywyne used her time spell on the portal for Comet first, "I'm glad my daughter raised someone like you my dear, I know you'll be a great queen Star." Comet said, Star smiled and gave Comet a hug, she hugged back and soon walked into the portal and was sent back to her time, Skywyne then used her time spell again for her time, "Well Star, it has been an honor." Skywyne said, "Oh no, pleasure's all my Skywyne, without you or the other queens, I probably would never have won this battle." Star said, "Oh never say never Star." Marco said, "Anyway, good to know the future of Mewni is in safe hands, farewell." Skywyne said, then she entered the portal and it closed returning her to her time, "Guess that's it then huh?" Star said, "Guess it is, come on let's enjoy the rest of the ceremony Star." Marco said, Star smiled and they returned to the ceremony.

After the ceremony, Star and Marco were beat, they were so tired from all the dancing, "Come on Star, it's getting late..." Marco said, Star agreed and they went up to the castle bedroom and they crashed onto the bed and soon fell asleep, and thus started a brand new life with Star and Marco as a newly wedded couple.

The End.