Chapter 6

A month later...

Phoebe became a CEO/Model on weekends now she's being a CEO. It's been a month since Phoebe took over the cinema park. She has been busy for the whole week due to the upcoming musical. So all of her staff are quite busy casting actors. Her mother forces her to take Benedict's proposal.

Phoebe is in her office in Cinemapark. She's getting ready to leave her office to have a meeting with her casting staff to approve the selection of a potential cast. She stood up from her desk and went to the meeting room. She enters the meeting room and greet her staff and sat down. As the casting director present all of the potential cast. Phoebe's phone started vibrating. Phoebe signal the director to stop, she picked up her phone and answered the call.

"Hello..."

"Phoebe... cancel all your plans Later. We have a dinner with all the Luxury club members. Wear a dress" Her mom said. Then suddenly hang up the phone.

Phoebe put her phone down and turned her Assistant Stella. "Stella cancel all my plans later and reschedule them tomorrow." her secretary nodded. Phoebe turned to her cast director and signal her to continue her discussion.

After the meeting, Phoebe went home and went to her room. She opened her closet door and started picking her dress for tonight's dinner party. She flicks through the rack full of dresses and finally picked one. It is a black dress with see-through sleeves.

Phoebe looks over to her clock, It's5:40 pm. The dinner starts at 7 pm, she has an hour and 20 mins to get ready. she walks over to her vanity and started doing her hair and make-up.

While she was doing her hair she heard a small knock from her door. She turned to her door (Which is wide open) she saw Hazel standing below the door frame.

"What is it?" Phoebe asked returning from curling her hair.

"Ahm... your mom said that I could borrow one of your dresses" Hazel said making Phoebe confused.

"For what?" Phoebe asked still curling a strand of her hair.

"She said it's for a dinner party." Hazel said making Phoebe face her.

Phoebe looked over the clock, it 6:10. Phoebe sigh and rolled her eyes. She put a barrette at the side of her hair, unplug the curling iron, and wore her black high heels.

She turned to Hazel and scanned her body shape. "Sit in front of the mirror and do your make-up while I search for your dress" Phoebe said and walk to her walk-in closet.

Phoebe is going through her rack of dresses until she found a dress for Hazel. Then she found one of the old dresses that she doesn't wear anymore, she decided that it would be a suitable dress for Hazel. It's a pink floral lace dress with a pink ribbon belt.

Phoebe also went to her shelf of shoes and grab a pair of white heels. She walks out of her closet holding the dress and shoes.

"Here wear these" She said grabbing the attention of Hazel. Hazel stood up and went into her closet to get dress.

While waiting for Hazel, Phoebe sat in front of her vanity and opened her jewelry box. She picked up her favorite earrings with a matching necklace.

"Done" Hazel said. Phoebe stood up and signaled Hazel to come towards her.
Phoebe pick up a pair of long pearl earrings and asked Hazel to wear them.

"I'm only lending it to you so return it to me. I mean the jewelry and the shoes you can have that dress" Phoebe said as she gathers her things and put them in a black clutch. Hazel nodded and they went to the living room where everyone is waiting.

As they walk down the stairs her parents saw them and their faces lit up. Phoebe smiled as she walks down. But it immediately died down because of her mother.

"Hazel! Darling, you look wonderful" her mom said as she approaches her. Her mother hugged and admire Hazel's dress, her hair, and her earrings. Telling her how beautiful she looks.

While Phoebe stood at the end of the staircase, completely ignored by her mother. She watched her mother happily talk to Hazel. It's the first time she saw her mother have a bright smile on her face. Her mother looked at Hazel as if she was talking to her daughter.

Her mother never talks nor smiles at her like that. It's always in a demanding tone. Her mother's smile is not as bright as the one she gave to Hazel, it's always a fake smile. Phoebe felt envious of her mother's affection for Hazel.

As Phoebe watches her mother and Hazel interact. Sebastian interrupted the scene telling the family that the car is ready. The family went out of the mansion and into the car.

The family arrived at the dinner party's venue. The driver immediately got out of the car and opened the door. Phoebe was the first one to step out of the car followed by Hazel, then her parents.

As they walk down the red carpet the cameras started flashing. The party was private yet open to the media. Phoebe stopped and posed for the camera. She walks over to Hazel and told her to pose to the cameras. They both took photos and walk over to her parents as a family picture. Phoebe stands beside her mother and acts as a perfect family.

After the red carpet, the family went to the venue. They are greeted by the party's hostess Mrs. Carrington aka Alistair's mother whose wearing a red dress. "Good evening Mrs. Carrington" Phoebe politely said.

"Good evening Phoebe. You look marvelous in that dress" Mrs. Carrington said and turned to her parents.

"You have a beautiful daughter Mrs. Astley," Mrs. Carrington said. My mother chuckled and gave her a fake smile.

"Thank you Mrs. Carrington is Alistair here" Phoebe said and Mrs. Carrington nodded.

The family walked into the party and saw a lot of people inside. Phoebe scanned the area to look for Alistair. She immediately saw him at the bar area wearing a red suit talking to some girl as always. She walks towards him and greets him with a smile.

"You looked great in a red suit" Phoebe said grabbing a glass of champagne from a waiter.

Alistair turns around facing her. "Thanks, it's the family theme" He said before drinking his champagne.

Phoebe chuckled "I notice" she said.

Phoebe looked around to find Hades, but he's nowhere to be seen. "Alistair have you seen Hades" Phoebe asks still looking around. "No... Oh well, never mind... Speaking of the devil" He said. Phoebe follows Alistair's gaze and saw Hades came in wearing an all-black suit.

Phoebe was about to approach Hades when she felt someone thugging her skirt. She looked down and saw a little girl wearing a red puffy dress. Phoebe crouched down facing the little girl.

"Hey Rosy" she greeted Alistair's 4-year-old niece. Rosy smiled at her and raise her arms telling Phoebe that she wants her to carry her. Phoebe chuckled, stood up and reach down to Rosy, and carried her.

While carrying Rosy, Phoebe approached Hades who's currently playing with his nephew. "Hey there, Mr. Man in black" Phoebe playfully said. Hades looked up to her and smiled at her.

"Hey lady in black" He said and turned to Rosy. "And you must be Alistair's niece" He said Rosy giggled and told Phoebe to put her down. Rosy grabbed Hades's nephew's hand and pulled him to a small play area of the venue.

Phoebe and her friends chatted with the sons and daughters of the member of the luxury club. Phoebe was called by her mother asking her to let Hazel join them. As they mingled with other guests, Mrs. Carrington asked them to join her to the dining area to have dinner.

"Everyone, right this way to the dining area" the party organizer said.