Chapter 13

It's already Lunchtime and Phoebe hasn't seen Hades all morning. She walks into the cafeteria along with Alistair.

"Hades has been avoiding me all morning!!" Phoebe said and let out a frustrated sigh.  She turned to Alistair and pointed at him.

"Do you know anything about this?!" Alistair immediately shakes his head. Phoebe glared at him.

"Are you sure?!"

"Yeah" Phoebe turn around and stride to the cafeteria.  She looked around the Cafeteria and saw Hades sitting alone at a table eating.

"There you are!. I've been looking for you all morning. Where have you-" Hades stood up to grab his bag and walk away from the table. "Hey!!" Phoebe shouted.  She sat down and sigh.

"Give him some time," Alistair said and handed her a can of cola.

"Time for what?"

"Time for him to tell you what has been bothering him," He said and opened the can for her.

"Fine" She grabs the can and took a sip.

_________________________

AFTER SCHOOL IN THE ELITE STUDENT'S LOUNGE.

Hades and Alistair are sitting in a private room at the University. Hades is currently playing the guitar.

"Dude. Phoebe is really worried about you all day. You should at least tell her that you're fine instead of avoiding her." Alistair said. Hades stopped strumming the guitar and looked at him.

"If I told her then..."

"Then what?!. You should tell her first before she sees an article about it"

"There will be no arti-"

"What the Fuck! Is this??!!" Phoebe suddenly barges into the room holding her phone.

EARLIER IN PHOEBE'S OFFICE.

Phoebe flipped through some files about the show in the theater. A few minutes later Sierra walks into her office to collect the approved files.  While waiting for Sierra to come back, she heard her phone beeped. Phoebe picked up her phone and saw a notification.

From: Bianca

PHOEBE HAVE YOU SEEN THIS?!

Phoebe curiously clicked the link and it leads her to an Article with the headlines.

"CEO OF WORLD ENTERTAINMENT AND HIS WIFE ARE GETTING DIVORCE"

Phoebe jolted from her seat. She instantly went out of her office and went to the parking lot. She drove to the University.

BACK TO THE ELITE STUDENT'S LOUNGE.

"WHAT THE FUCK! IS THIS?!" Phoebe said and toss her bag to the chair.

"Phoebe I-I" Hades calmly said. Attempting to calm her down. Phoebe took a deep breath calming herself down.

"Why didn't you tell me about this?" Phoebe asked but Hades didn't answer.

"I asked you a couple of times if something is bothering you and if you're ok. Still, you keep saying your fine but you're not."  She said and sat beside Alistair.

"Not telling me, doesn't even change the fact that I will still do something about it."

"I did not tell you anything because I knew that you'll do anything in your power to fix this. But I don't need your help. This is my problem, not yours" Hades explained.

"Fine, I won't do anything. But at least tell me if you want my help on something." Phoebe said in defeat, Hades nodded and went back on playing the guitar. No one said a word after that. All they can hear is the sound that the coming from the guitar.  Suddenly they heard Phoebe's phone ringing. She picks it up and saw the caller ID.

"Hello Mom," Phoebe said looking at her nails.

"Your Assistant told me that you are not attending the board meeting tonight" her mother stated.

"So?" She said.

"SO?! Who's going to attend the meeting?!" Her mother shouted through the phone. "Ow," Phoebe whispered as she pulls her phone away.

"Who else your new daughter. Since she's the one who will be handling the Companies." She said. Hades and Alistair looked at her intensely.

"Your sister, Has no experience in attending board meetings." Phoebe chuckled.

"You're just realizing that now. And besides, Experience is the best teacher." Phoebe said and ended the call. Phoebe looked at her watch. She took her bag and headed to the door.

"Where are you going?" Hades asked.

"I'm going to meet my stepmother," she replied as she opens the door.

"Your what?!" They both said. Phoebe didn't respond and walked out of the door closing it behind her.

Phoebe drove home and texted Austin to pick her up at 6 pm. She reaches the Astley Mansion.
She saw her mother standing in front of the door tapping her foot impatiently.

"Mom this isn't the foyer," Phoebe said as she Stoops out of the car. "What are you doing outside?" She asked closing the car door. She walks up the stairs and opened the front door. Her mother followed her until she reaches her room.

Phoebe opened the door of her closet and began to pick out her outfit for her dinner. She turned around and saw her mother sitting on her bed.  She decided to wear a casual outfit. She picked out a plain white t-shirt, a skirt, and a gray knitted cardigan. She paired it with white shoes and a small backpack. She curled her hair naturally and applied light makeup to her face.

"What do you want?" She asked and crossed her arms.

"You need to attend the board meeting tonight" Her mother blurted out. 

" I can't," she said and went into her bathroom.

"Why?" Her mother asked.

"Because I have an important business to attend to," She said and put all of her things inside her bag.

"More important than the board meeting!!" Her mother shouted.

"Of course... I'm going to have dinner with My stepmom." She said. Her mother gasped as she walks out of the door.

"What?! Austin's mother... Why are you having dinner with that woman?" Her mother said walking behind her.

"To see if she's a better mom than you" her mother stopped following her. She walks down the stairs and saw Austin standing in the foyer. 

Austin opened the door for her and walk to the car where Sebastian is waiting for them. Sebastian opened the car door for Phoebe. She stoops in the car and waited for Austin to start driving.