Chapter 12

Hihihihihihihihi.

I watched the Hobbit: Battle of the five armies and oh my god.

Okay, onto the chapter..

+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Michael woke up in his bed the next morning. He was curled up in his duvet and his stomach was rumbling so he decided to get up. He walked past him mum's room and heard light snores, so he decided not to bother her, she'd probably only just got in.

When he finally made it downstairs he was not expecting to see Calum snuggled up on the sofa with a blanket placed on top of him. He furrowed his brows and poured himself a bow of cereal, trying to keep extra quiet so that he didn't wake anyone, and he thought he was doing pretty well before a small voice asked behind him "Feeling better?"

He turned around and saw Calum leaning against the door frame with bags under his eyes. "Do you remember anything?" Calum asked, once he realized that Michael wasn't going to say anything. Michael shook his head even though he knew everything. He remembered Luke's terrible directions and the crying and the whiskey and the rejecting Calum's calls. He remembered Ashton and Calum taking him home and Luke trailing behind, not being able to look at him, and Calum tucking him in and kissing his forehead and overhearing Calum telling Luke not to bother him. But Calum didn't know that.

"We found you passed out in a barn" Calum said, and Michael couldn't help but think no, no you didn't, Luke brought you there and I was awake. "And we were super worried" ha "So we called Ashton as we knew he had a car and he dropped us off at your house" he didn't drop us off, he came in "And Luke helped me put you to bed" he couldn't even look at me "And I guess I fell asleep"

"Oh" Was all Michael said. If he had been asleep he would have believed it all, Calum was far too good at lying. "Did Luke go home?"
"I guess so"
"Why was I in a barn?" Michael asked and Calum physically gulped.
"I wouldn't know"
"Oh. Does Luke know?"
"No" Calum said far too quickly, but recovered with "he was just as shocked as I was"
"I'm sure he was"

Michael ate his cereal and Calum didn't say anything. The only sound that could be heard in his house was the clanking of the spoon hitting the bowl every now and then. "Well, I suppose I'd better get going" Michael nodded his head and watched as Calum picked up his phone and jacket and rushed out the door.

Ring Rin-

"Calum? Is he awake? Is he okay-"
"Calm down, Luke. He's fine"
"Then why did you-"
"He said he doesn't remember anything"
"What?" 
"I know. He must be lying"
"What did you tell him?"
"That we found him in a barn and Ashton picked us up"
"Ashton? Why the hell would you mention him"
"In case he was lying! I didn't want to get caught out if he calls him later"
"Okay"
"He asked if you knew anything"
"And?"
"I told him you were just as shocked as I was"
"Okay"

Luke hung up the phone and Calum sighed, shoving his back into his pocket. He knew Luke was annoyed at him for calling Ashton, but what else could he have done? Carried him all the way home?  He wanted to call Ashton but he didn't have his number or have a clue where he lived so he dropped the idea. It would have probably made Ashton suspicious and he didn't want to be dragged into their drama.

---------------

Ashton didn't know what to do. Luke had been calling and calling and calling him but he let it go to voice mail each time. He wanted to know if Michael was okay and why the hell he was in the barn. He'd never taken him there before. It's where he and Luke both has sex for the first time together and Luke was so scared but so persistent. They spent the whole night there together and hugged because Luke didn't want to go home. Ashton didn't either. And since that night he'd never been back.

He finally picked up his phone to check his voice mails, there were three from Luke:

'Ash! Please it's important.'

'Answer your damn phone, Ash!'

'Ash, it's Luke we really need to talk.'

And one from Michael:

'I hate you.' 

He sighed and sent a quick 'No you don't' text to Michael before locking his phone and putting it down. He sat up in his bed and turned to Pauline. She was fast asleep clinging onto her pillow, and Ashton didn't want to wake her so he laid back down and ignored his phone vibrating.

+-+-+-+

Short, I know.