🍃🌹 1 🌹🍃

May 11, 2011

May 11, 2011

"Guy's please gather around." the head facilitator Ms. Penny said to the swarming teenagers as they just arrived from Holland Church Camping Site here in Australia.

"You'll be building your tents and please help each other. Make new friends and enjoy the moment before it lasts." Ms. Penny said with a smile on her face. Before we could go and make our tents she stopped us. "Oh, by the way, guys. " she ask a guy around my age to come near her. "This is Jeon Jeongguk from South Korea. This is his first time joining the camp and I hope you'll accommodate him for the time being. He's still struggling with his English but he can understand." she happily said as she taps the boys back. A little bit shy, Jeongguk just looks at the floor still not happy cause his mom and aunt force him to join the camp where he doesn't know anyone.

All eyes are on him when Miss Penny signed me and my sister to go in front. "Alice and Roseanne, come.." we followed politely and bowed to the boy who is still hesitant but he did. "Jeongguk, this is the Park sisters. They're Korean as well. They'll be with you in this camp so don't be afraid to ask questions, okay? he nodded. "Okay guys, time to fixed your tents." the boys and girls went on with their separate ways and started building their tents together with their friends. Most of the teens know each other already base on faces since this camp has been a regular thing in their church for years now. They were all from different parts of Australia and gathered around for their church yearly camp.

Alice, being the bubbly sister she is and the social butterfly in the family turned to face the boy who's still reluctant.
" Hi, I'm Alice but you can call me Ali. I'm 16. How about you?" a wide grin crept on his face as she gave her hands for them to shake.

Jeongguk, though hesitant when my sister smiled at him? unconsciously smiled as well. Observing the two, couldn't help but roll my eyes. I, for one, don't really want to talk to anyone and would rather lock myself in the house and play my guitar and piano but Mom and Dad insisted that I should explore what the world could offer and make friends as many as possible.

The boy scratch his head and gave Alice a shy smile. "Jeogguk 14, but you can call me Jk." they both shake their hands to the boys surprise Alice gave him a sisterly hug.

"Nice to meet you Jk, you can call me noona I won't mind and don't worry me and Roseanne will be here for you." Alice pats his shoulders and touches my elbow to remind me that I have to introduce myself.

Sighing deep, i look at Jk tiredly. "Roseanne but you can call me Rosie, Chaenyoung or Chaeng since that's my Korean name or whatever fits your boat I don't really care." I said like the speed of light earning a scolding from my sister. I sounded rude but well, im really not in the mood. I just want to snick in the tent and play my guitar since I brought it with me.