20

(Harry's POV)

I woke up with a frown today. I was hoping a storm would come and hit us all and the tournament would be cancelled. But instead, I woke up from the birds chirping and the sound of James pouring my water bath. I sighed, not getting up. I barely slept last night. I was thinking about her.

I wanted to protect her. Hell, I'd join the tournament myself so that she doesn't have to. But I knew it was impossible. I respect my father so much to say anything. It was quiet the whole dinner. Even Gemma didn't seem to talk much. The air was different. We all knew that my father didn't have any malicious intention towards Evelyn but as a king, he has to show his power and strength toward his ministers and knights.

Everyone was already talking about how he was giving an easy way for Evelyn for letting her train as a knight even though she was a woman and not from a knight's blood. I totally understand why he did what he did. I just wish it was something different.

"Your bath is ready," James said coldly. I knew he was the most worried. He and Evelyn have been so close with each other since the day they met.

I got ready as usual and went straight to the tournament, it hasn't started yet but I saw knights after knights coming in and out of their tent. Some faces I knew well and some are new. I decided to not go and see her in the tent because I knew my knights were there and I didn't want them to start talking and making Evelyn more scared. So I just sat there in my seat next to my father. Waiting for my family to arrive.

Ten minutes later they arrived and the ceremony began. One of the ministers started telling everyone the rule and how scoring works. Suddenly, a hand patted me on my back. I was shocked to see my dear best friend, Prince Zayn. I smiled and side hugged him.

"What are you doing here?!"

"You know I love the tournament." He replied and one of the servants took a chair and put it next to mine. He thanked him and sat next to me. At least I had someone to talk to during the tournament so that I can ease my nervousness.

"When did you arrived?"

"This morning. It was last minute. I came with my knights." I nodded. Usually, he would tell me if he was coming but I didn't hear anything from him so I thought he wasn't coming.

The tournament started and the environment went from small talks too loud cheers and a lot of wincing. I patiently waited for her turn or my kingdom's turn and kept praying that nothing happened to her.

The moment I was scared the most came. It was her. I knew Sir Timothee and her are the ones that will be representing Navaeh. I didn't have to think to guess who was going up first. She was the smallest knight to ever join the tournament. People who don't know what was going on started furrowing their brows and asking each other who was under the armours.

"Where did you get this knight? He's just as big as Waliyha. Don't tell me your kingdom has recruited a girl." Zayn joked and laughed. Having no idea who was under the whole heavy metal protection.

The bell rang and the knight from the other kingdom was riding his horse on full speed. I sucked my breath. Come on Evelyn come on. As if she could hear me, she too went on the highest speed and as quickness was her strength, she aimed her lance right on the other knight's chest.

Everyone gasped when the other knight fell from his horse. He probably wasn't expecting the hard impact from Evelyn. He was focusing on attacking and didn't care about defending himself as well.

She won her first round. I didn't know I was still holding my breath until I saw she was looking for me and when she did saw me, she nodded. Even with her face covered, I knew she was grinning. I wish I could run there and hug her.