Coming Soon

T H A N K      Y O U
I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for choosing to read the first chapter of this book. This book means a lot to me, which is why even though I know it won't be everyone's cup of tea, I still want to publish this book on here. It's a passionproject that has been living in the deepest corners of my mind for quite some time. As a little girl myself who has to learn how to grow up, I wrote this story when my world was turned upside down, which unlike Beatrice, wasn't literal... (and thank heavens for that)

The first real chapter will be published on Saturday 9th of May 2020. After that a new chapter will be published every seven days. 

I N S P I R A T I O N
The timing of this book is also for a very specific reason. Distort the world into clarity was inspired by a very talented artist on Instagram named @qinniart. Qinn Han made some of the most beautiful artoworks I've evers een in my life. Her drawing of a girl on a balcony with flying whales around her is what inspired me to write this book. She died on the 8th of February 2020. She'd given me the idea for this book long before that, but when she died I felt like it was time to actually start writing. She was an inspiration, not only for the many artists on Instagram she inspired, but also for writers like me who were enchanted by the stories behind her artwork. She'd survived four open heart surgeries and she still kept on drawing. I'm sure she has inspired many, many more. I dedicate this book partly to her, because without her it wouldn't exist. Rest in peace Qinni <3. 

This is a collage I made to celebrate her and all the other amazing artists who have inspired me to write this book

This is a collage I made to celebrate her and all the other amazing artists who have inspired me to write this book. The top row consists of drawings made by @varguyart, a very talented illustrator from Germany. The middle row has two tributes made after Qinni's death, on the left and on the right, which were so beautiful I had to include them. On the right, @tamaytka, who is only 19 and already a very skilled illustrator. On the left @elentori, who has such a colorful and wonderful artstyle. Exactly in the middle is the main reason for this book, Qinni's whale drawing called 'Migration'. All the pictures on the bottom row are from @to_major_tom, who only has 22k followers for some reason? His colour palette is absolutely astounding. I think he deserves more followers. Go follow all of these artists on Instagram, in fact. They're all very talented. 

Another little dedication to 'De Kleine Johannes', a wonderful Dutch book which was written in 1884, but is absolutely timeless. It completely blew me away when I read it. For all the people reading this who aren't Dutch; it's basically a Dutch version of Alice in Wonderland, but with a bit more criticism on how stupid grown-ups can be, which I agree with. 

Now, back to this book. I can assure you, it'll be a wild ride. Self-discovery, uncertainty, absurdity and growing up are the main themes of this book. It deals with the unknown, with the struggles of living in a world where nothing makes sense. I think we can all relate to that.

C O L L A G E S
Until next week, please enjoy these collages I made when I was bored out of my mind while watching a lecture on statistics. 

I think you can guess who this edit is supposed to be for

I think you can guess who this edit is supposed to be for... The distorted (pun intended btw) picture of Beatrice is a drawing made by sibbil on instagram. Go check her out!

This one is just a moodboard

This one is just a moodboard. I don't know why but it looks so soothing and calming. I think it's the colours. 

P L A Y L I S T 
1. Moonshine - Caravan Palace
2. King and Lionheart - Of Monsters and Men
3. Dirty Paws - Of Monsters and Men
4. Life on Mars - Sophia Anne Caruso (Original by David Bowie)
5. Some Things Never Change - Disney's Frozen
6. Soda City Funk - Tim Legend
7. Boys will be bugs - Cavetown
8. This is home - Cavetown
9. Deviltown - Cavetown
10. Something for your M.I.N.D. - Superorganism

D E D I C A T I O N S
I saved the best for last. 

To Qinni, 
Thank you for being a professional doodler :).
We miss you.

To Antoinette,
May your journey be confusing yet magnificent.

To Fran,
You're almost there. Everything will make no sense, but you'll still feel like you get it. Hold on a little longer. I know you can do it. 

And lastly;
To all the scared little girls of this world,
I know how you feel. This book is for you.