.preface.

~ |AUDREY TAYLOR| ~

 ~ |JAKE MILLS| ~

~ |SOPHIE REED| ~

~ |BRAXTON COOPER| ~

~ |EMMA MITCHELL| ~

~ |COLLIN WOOD| ~

Kinlop Bay, USA -

"Hurry Audrey!" Carol exclaims from the bottom of the stairs. 

"What, why?" Audrey asks walking downstairs. 

"Col is picking you and Noah up." Carol says walking over to her purse. 

"Why can't I just take the car?" Audrey asks as her Mom hands her lunch money. 

"I need it." Carol says. 

Audrey groans, "I hate going to school with Collin. All the girls stare me down, like I'm some sort of threat." 

Carol looks out the window. "He's here, Noah's already outside." Carol says. "Have a good day." She smiles. 

"Bye." Audrey huffs and walks out the door. 

Audrey walks down her short driveway to Collin's car. She gets in the front seat. 

"Hi." She groans. 

"Hey." He says before driving off. 

"Do you need a ride after school?" Col asks as the two walk into school. 

"Are you sure you don't have any hoes to give a ride home?" Audrey raises an eyebrow. 

Col chuckles, "Not if you say yes." 

"Yes, please. I really don't want to walk." Audrey smiles. 

"I'll see you after school then." Col says as we reach my locker. 

He salutes me as he keeps walking. 

"Thank you." Audrey says opening her locker. 

Audrey stuffs all her stuff inside and finds her books for class. She shuts her locker and turns around. Her books are pushed out of her hands. 

"Hey!" She exclaims looking up at Sophie Reed. 

"Stop talking to Col Wood." Sophie death stares Audrey. 

Audrey chuckles slightly, "You had a one night stand two months ago, Sophie. Get over it." 

Audrey picks up her books. 

"I'm serious, a jock can't be seen with a nerd!" Sophie warns. 

"Maybe I'm more than just a nerd." Audrey says and walks past her. 

Audrey turns around to make sure Sophie isn't following her but she crashes into something. She spins around and faces Emma on the ground with books and paper everywhere. 

"I'm so sorry." Audrey gasps. 

"No it's okay." Emma says. 

"Watch where you're going, Audrey." Col chuckles and extends his hand too Emma. 

She takes a minute to except his hand. He pulls her up. 

"She's clumsy like that." Col teases as Audrey starts picking up Emma's things.