10. Parents and Secrets.

Sunday - Morning 

Audrey groans waking up to the sun shining through her drapes. She sits up in her bed. She smiles remembering last night. 

Audrey steps out of bed and shuts her drapes tight. She climbs back into bed. She grabs her phone and contemplates sending Jake a text. After deciding against it she checks her new texts. 

'Where are you?' Sophie had texted. 

'Are you okay?' 'Are you staying here tonight?' 'Never mind, Emma told me she saw you leave with Jake. Don't do anything I would do ;)' 

Audrey laughs and responds. 'lol my phone was dead, sorry' She sends. 

She scrolls through her social media. 

"I didn't even drink that much." Emma groans holding her head. 

"Coffee." Sophie smiles passing Emma a cup. 

"Thank you." Emma says sitting by the counter. 

"What happened with you last night? I barely saw you." Sophie asks. 

"I was with Audrey for a while and then this guy asked me to dance. I danced with him for a while and then I tried to find you guys and I couldn't. Then I was talking to some random person and I saw Jake and Audrey leaving together." Emma shrugs. 

"When is something spicy going to happened between them?" Sophie sighs. 

"I do not know but I have to go." Emma says. 

"Why?" Sophie asks. 

"My Mom and Dad are coming home today. They told me they want to talk to me about something important." Emma says. 

"Oh." Sophie says. 

Emma stands up. 

"I'm not worried they'll probably just going to tell me they're going to New York for a month." Emma laughs slightly. 

"I remember my Mom told me and Georgia that... two months ago. Guess who still hasn't been home?" Sophie sighs. "It's not like I want her home if she's just going to stay for a night, tell me stuff I need to change about myself and then leave for the rest of the year." 

Emma nods, "I feel like my parents care but at the same time they don't." 

"I kind of envy the fact Audrey's parents are somewhat strict on her." Sophie sighs. 

"I hear ya." Emma sighs. 

Audrey walks downstairs. She walks into the kitchen and sees the sink full of dishes. She decides to load the dishwasher. 

When she is almost finished her father walks into the kitchen. 

"You were home late." Hugh says. 

"I was with some friends, Mom said it was fine." Audrey shrugs. 

She shuts the dishwasher and starts it. 

"You should ask both of us, not just one." Hugh says. 

Audrey frowns and washes her hands. "I was with Mom, so I asked her. If I was with you I would have asked you." 

"Don't back talk." Hugh warns. 

"What the heck is happening? Why are you being suspicious?" Audrey sighs. 

"I just don't want you going to parties." Hugh says. 

"Did you go to parties?" Audrey raises an eyebrow.