19. Supermarket flowers.

(Supermarket flowers was written by Edward Christopher Sheeran, Benjamin Joseph Levin & John McDaid. All rights reserved to them. Video above is sang by Samantha Harvey.)

4 days later

"Come in." The lawyer says. 

"I'll wait out here." Candice says to Jacob. 

Jacob nods. 

Audrey, Hugh, Noah, Jacob and Josie walk into the office. They take a seat around the table and the lawyer sits across from them. 

"I don't want to waste any time, I know you all must be busy and want to be anywhere but here." John says. 

"Much appreciated." Hugh nods. 

"Mrs Taylor actually changed some of the will a week ago." He says looking at the papers. 

"The main procession Carol owned was her cafe." Joh  says. 

Hugh nods knowing who it was left to. 

"Who she left to Audrey Taylor." 

Audrey raises her eyebrows. 

"Me?" She asks. 

John nods, "That's what I'm reading." 

"That's right." Josie says. 

Hugh smiles slightly, "It will be signed over to me until you turn eighteen." 

Audrey hugs her Dad. 

"I'll be there to help you through every step of the way." Josie smiles. 

"There is no pressure though if at any moment- just say the word." Hugh says. 

"Has your Dad said anything else about that guy at the hospital?" 

"Nope, just that he doesn't want to talk about it." Audrey sighs. 

"Do you care?" Jake asks. 

"I don't know. I'm curious but I won't mention it for a while." Audrey says 

"Fair enough." Jake agrees. 

"I have to go but I'll talk later." 

"Okay, bye." Jake says. 

"Bye." She says and hangs up. 

She gets out of her car and Audrey crosses the road. She takes a deep breath before unlocking the door. She walks inside and looks around. 

It looks exactly the same but feels so different

The cafe has been open since Thursday morning so dust has built up on the counter. Her Mother would hate to see this so she decides to clean the counter. After cleaning the counter she puts the products away. 

She pushes herself up onto the counter. Audrey looks around and takes a deep breath. She pulls her note pad out from under the counter. She grabs her pen and starts writing. 

"How is she?" Sophie asks. 

Jake sighs. "I honestly don't really know. She doesn't want to talk about it." 

Emma nods.

"Is she acting okay?" 

"Better than I thought she would be. That's not to say she acts different by herself." 

"Has she talked about school?" Sophie asks. 

"Just that she doesn't want to go." Jake says. 

"Emma and I made a casserole, I was hoping she would let us come over after school."