21. Babies and marriage.

Saturday Morning

Audrey sips her coffee while she gets some fresh air. 

"Mind if I join you?" Candice asks walking out the back door. 

"Not at all." Audrey smiles. 

Candice takes a seat on the outdoor furniture. 

"How was school yesterday?" 

"It was okay, I guess. It's just weird when people come up and say how sorry they are." Audrey shrugs. 

Candice nods. They sit for a couple more seconds before Audrey speaks up. 

"You'll take care of him, won't you?" 

Candice smiles slightly. "Of course, I will."

Audrey nods. 

"You'll take care of yourself won't you?" 

"Yeah." 

"It's okay to be vulnerable, Audrey. With everything you've been through you're bound to be struggling." Candice says softly. 

"I admit, that I am. But I can work on it." 

Candice nods. "If you need anything, just reach out. Okay?" 

Audrey smiles. "I will." 

"Audrey's opening the cafe for the first time today. I'm going to go check up on her, do you want to come?" Sophie asks Emma. 

"I would but I'm going to the gym with Col." 

Sophie nods. "Is everything okay? You seemed off at the game last night." 

"Yeah, I just got my period." Emma says. 

"Got ya." Sophie nods. "Well I'm going to get ready but I'll see you later." 

"Yep." Emma nods shutting the dishwasher. 

"Have fun at the gym!" She says walking away. 

"I will." Emma chuckles. 

Audrey gets out of her car. She grabs her keys and unlocks the back door. She walks inside shutting the door behind her. She hangs up her bag and ties an apron around her waist. 

Audrey has opened the store a handful of times but this time, it felt so different. 

Josie and Audrey spent most of the night preparing for today by cooking. 

So Audrey moves the precooked food into the front display cabinet and stacks the fridge with drinks. 

"Hey." Holly walks in from the back. 

"Hi." Audrey smiles. 

"Any thing you want me to do?" 

"Uh." Audrey looks around the cafe. 

"You can start setting the table and chairs." 

Holly nods. 

Audrey walks towards the back and plugs the iPod into the speakers. She presses play on the music before walking back towards the front. 

She unlocks the door and flicks the sign to open. 

"How have you been?" Holly asks. 

Audrey shrugs. "It's hard but I'm getting through it." 

Holly nods, "Well you know I'm always here." 

Audrey smiles slightly and nods. "I appreciate it. Thanks for the flowers by the way."