006 - Fallen Angel

Phoenix stood in the clearing, inches away from the two prey she was watching. She was too far to understand what they were saying but she was still and quiet. She silently decided to only choose one of the two rabbits to kill as she was inexperienced. She was able to hide her small body and scent quite well. Her claws unsheathed as she wriggled her body, kneading the ground softly to remove the discomfort from her body. It was her first time hunting and she needed to do it right.

Her amber eyes darkened; her feral instincts overcame her as she leapt into the air swiftly, her paws stretched out in front of her. She landed a foot away and sprinted towards the fleeing rabbit, digging her sharp claws into its white fur and bringing it closer to her. It squealed, trying to struggle out of its predator's grip. She looked down at the pitiful thing, placed its head in between her jaws, her teeth locked into its flesh and twisted it quickly. She felt satisfied when she heard it crack. The rabbit had stopped moving and went limp. She lifted it up and looked at her father, who let out a calm purr.

"Good job, Phoenix." Honey purred as he patted her head with a paw. "I guess you were paying attention after all."

She rolled her eyes and smiled, dropping the prey as she spoke. "I always pay attention."

"Not when you're licking yourself and chasing a leaf during an explanation." 

"Well, I'd rather be clean than listen to whatever rubbish you have to say." 

He nudged her lightly with a paw. "Hey! It's not rubbish!" He chuckled, not sounding mad at all. He could see the glint of amusement hidden in her amber gaze. "Come on. Let's go to the clowder and you can show off your catch." 

She nodded as she padded off with her father. It was a quick journey, the pale-orange tom made sure she kept up with him while trying to push her abilities to increase her stamina, and probably her agility. He took a route with many obstacles and made sure she used the rocks. To his surprise, she used them just fine. Despite there being slight hesitation, she was able to jump from rock to rock, no matter the size.

They returned, eyes piercing into her skin. The cats weren't disrespectful towards her. Instead, they looked impressed by the leader's daughter. "That molly is going places." Phoenix overheard one cat meow and confidence surged through her body. Her old friends glanced at her. Jealousy burned in Heather and Lavender's eyes, Silver whispered something to Sol and Angel sat there quietly, a small smile on her face as her eyes softened upon Phoenix. If she had no fur, she'd be blushing for sure. It had been a while since they fell out. Phoenix never spoke to them since. Phoenix strutted away from them, her head raised as she walked over to Flint.

She placed it down in front of the sleeping wolf and nudged his ear. He grumbled, his heavy eyelids opening up. He lifted his head up slowly, and his nose bumped into her hers. He pulled away quickly. 

"O-Oh sorry." He chuckled with a yawn. "What is it?"

"I-I got you a rabbit. I caught it myself."

He looked down at the rodent, cringing at the way its head was awkwardly twisted. Flint glanced up at the ginger molly and smiled. "Thank you, you did great." He said softly, his voice tender and sweet. "I'm impressed, most cats learning to hunt can't even catch their own tails!" She giggled lightly, watching as he ripped out the fur of the rodent and chewed its meat hungrily. His tail began to wag as he ate more.