020 - Lone Wolf

Phoenix walked through the forest. It had been at least an hour since Flint had run off somewhere and he still hadn't returned. She felt the cool breeze hitting her fur, Flint's scent entering her pink nose. She opened her mouth to taste the air. She detected several sense near him and decided to close her eyes to sense if he was close.

It wasn't dark. Flint was blinking rapidly and seemed short-winded, she could hear him trying to catch his breath. She picked up the North-Forest scent around him and the sweet scent of wolf blood. . .

Phoenix stretched her eyes open in shock. What just happened? She questioned herself, but she couldn't wait to think of an answer. She was convinced Flint was in danger.

The ginger molly crossed the stream she had once fell into and skidded to a halt. She jumped over a fallen tree that had probably escaped from the ground itself. Crossing the border, she charged into the North Forest, catching the fresh scent of wolves, blood and Flint.

Phoenix stopped at the sight of it. A grey she-wolf with fur like Flint's lay motionless on the ground. Blood was spilled everywhere, and it was obvious Flint had gotten into some kind of battle. Phoenix made eye contact with Flint. The wolf looked bloodthirsty, his eyes were wide and with every pant came a low growl rumbling in his throat.

He stood from where he sat and stumbled towards Phoenix, his breath stank. As the blood continued to soak into his pelt, it got rid of his scent. His mouth hung wide open, his lips drawn back into a snarl. His ears were pulled back, making the handsome and friendly wolf seem not-so-friendly. To his surprise, Phoenix didn't run but only looked back at him in horror, confusion and disappointment.

Flint pulled her closer with a paw and sat. The blood and saliva from his mouth dripped down onto the molly's head. He closed his eyes, finally catching her breath.

"I killed her," he told her. A single tear drop attempted to run down his face but got soaked up by his blood-stained coat. "I killed her, and she was my mother." Phoenix's eyes widened in shock but listened to him continue. "I killed her because she abandoned me, left me for dead in the snow as a pup. I spent my entire life suffering. I almost starved to death once because I wasn't allowed to eat or other cats would start to starve. She took my siblings but not me, she didn't even check if I was alive! You probably hate me now, don't you?"

Phoenix listened to his quiet sobs. His tears couldn't even get soaked up by his fur anymore. Phoenix shook her head to answer his question as memories flooded her. The screeching of Angel before she drowned, the feeling of rejection, her dead family. . . Her mother, Phoenix remembered her death clearly.

Phoenix stood over Oak's dead body, growling menacingly. She had eight lives left but that didn't mean she was about to give up, especially since Tigress was charging towards her. Phoenix glared at her, her warm amber eyes flickering from Oak towards Tigress. Phoenix's eyes became maniacally wide as she felt herself go insane. She stepped away from the tom and leapt at her mother, digging her front paws into the front of her neck and slicing it open. She landed on her paws, and spun around to leap at Tigress again, biting the back of her neck and tearing it open.

Tigress looked up at her whilst she lay on the ground, struggling. "Why would-"

"You wanted me dead."

Phoenix sighed. "I killed Tigress."

Flint nodded. "I thought so, it was fairly obvious."