9 « This Moment »

The trio had made their way over to a motel along the road and booked in. Y/N wasn't too excited about the whole thing but the idea of sleeping in a bed was definitely more exciting than sleeping in the car.

Tom opened the door to the room as Sonic immediately ran inside and jumped on one of the beds. He threw his bag on the floor while Y/N sat down on the bed by the window and turned the TV on. He placed an ice bucket on a dresser and grabbed two towels in which he began to place the ice.

"The floors were sticky. The crowd was rough. And the odds were against us. But there was no stopping Donut Lord, Soda Girl and the Blue Blur," Sonic said jumping on the bed. He jumped over to the one that Y/N was sitting and sat down by her saying, "Scratch another one off my list."

He crossed out "start a bar fight" as Y/N asked, "What else is in there?"

"Just things I wanna do," Sonic answered and placed the list on the nightstand upside down causing Y/N to glance at Tom with a questioning look.

Tom sat down on the other bed saying, "You are a weird little dude." He handed Sonic a towel packed with ice, similar to one he was holding. Sonic took it glancing at it confused. He turned to Y/N wondering what he was supposed to do with it but to his surprise she was by the ice bucket as she was placing a can in it. He turned his attention back to Tom who was now pressing his towel against his cheek, "Mm."

Sonic watched him and then copied him. he pressed the towel on his cheek making a similar sound, "Mm..."

Tom glanced at the towel before pressing it back to his cheek, "Mmm."

"Mmm," Sonic copied him again as Y/N smiled while watching the two.

Tom opened his eyes, "Mmm."

"Mmm," Sonic copied, and Tom turned to him annoyed.

"Okay."

"So what are we gonna do now?" Sonic asked excited as Y/N sat down by him again.

"I'm gonna pass out watching TV. I think you should too," Tom said as he took his shoes off.

"But this is my last night on Earth," Sonic protested, "I want to soak up every last second."

Y/N turned to Sonic wondering what he had just said. I'd probably do the same if I had to leave.

"All right, well, anything you can find to do in this room, you knock yourself out," Tom said holding his cheek again.

Sonic looked around for a second and then began rushing around doing various things, such as having a pillow fight with himself or changing TV channels at a rapid pace or running around the walls and ceiling. After all that and a lot more had happened the bathroom door closed and soon opened as Sonic rushed back to the bed and sat on it, only now he was wearing a towel wrapped around his body and another around his head.

"Good times," he joked as Tom slightly chuckled before pressing the cold against his cheek again.

All of a sudden Sonic let out a fetid fart. Tom and Y/N turned to him with disgusted looks as Y/N slightly pushed him saying, "You're so disgusting."

Tom waved his hand around to get the smell away, "Oh, come on. That's awful. What did you eat?"

"I think it's called a chili dog?" Sonic answered as Tom laid down on his bed.

"You might want to check your fur on that one, buddy," Tom joked making Y/N roll her eyes as Sonic took off the towel from his head. Y/N also lied down on her bed looking at the ceiling. "Hey. So, what's this next planet you're supposed to go to like?" Tom asked as Y/N turned to look at Sonic.