See You Again

Taylor glanced at Abigail's questioning gaze. "What?" Abigail cocked her head, studying her. Taylor squinted at her best friend. "Why are you staring at me like that?" "You look different. Happier." Taylor laughed. "Of course I'm happy. Michael is coming back from his mission today." Abigail's bright blue eyes lit up. "Oh, right! I forgot about that. That means Jack is coming back as well." Taylor sighed, adjusting her position on her lounge chair. "It seems unfair that our boyfriends have to risk their lives while we're tanning on the other end of the country," she said, motioning towards the bright sun. Abigail nodded in agreement. "It's even worse when you don't have a hostile power. I always feel like I'm useless to this team." Taylor shook her head at Abigail's words. "They left me behind as well, and I'm the one who can read minds. Don't take it personally." Abigail giggled. "I never thought I would be having this kind of conversation in my life, like ever." "Right? Our lives are so weird." Abigail began to reply when the sound of an engine from the front gate caused both girls to glance over. Taylor grinned at Abigail, grabbing her hand as they ran to the back door. Upon entering, Taylor almost crashed into Quentin, who was peeling a banana while walking. "Woah," he said, catching Taylor before she fell. Abigail laughed from behind her. "Sorry, Quentin. She's a bit excited." Quentin smirked. "Michael's back, I presume?" Taylor shoved him. "Yes. And you're in my way, so move," she said, grabbing Abigail's hand again and rushing past him as he laughed. Taylor paused by the front door, peering out the window. She grinned when she saw her boyfriend climbing out of the back of the truck, followed by Jack, Nichelle, Tessa, Cassy, and Ostin. Abigail pulled opened the door, pulling Taylor out of her daze. She waited until Michael stepped onto the front porch before running towards him, practically knocking him over with the force of her hug. He laughed, wrapping his arms around her waist as she buried her face in his chest. Next to Michael, Taylor could hear Abigail attack Jack in a similar fashion. Michael pulled back to look at her, brushing her coffee-brown hair out of her face. She leaned in and kissed him, relishing in the feeling after two weeks of not being able to. After a few blissful moments, she pulled away to see Tessa rolling her eyes behind Michael. "This is why I hate coming home," she said, but the twinkle in her eye revealed she didn't mean it. Taylor giggled, hooking her arms around Michael's neck. "I missed you. A lot." she whispered. He smiled, pulling her closer. "Me too. More than you know." He leaned down, capturing her lips again. 

Hey guys! Sorry this one is a bit shorter than the others, I thought it would be fun to change it up a bit until I can write something longer. Hope you enjoy! :)