Chapter 9 : "Not To Hold On"

"What?" I said immediately but tried not to show any emotions.

"He, uh" Mama stammered.

"He got in an accident yesterday and he hurt his head pretty bad. He's in a coma" I still had my back to Mama and I kept blinking rapidly.

I was trying not to lose my calm. I can't. After all those years, I was finally stable : mentally and emotionally. I can't let him ruin me again. He's in coma and I shouldn't care. But how can I not when he is my first love? No matter what, deep down inside my heart, I still love him.

I didn't know that I was crying when I sniffled. I blinked a few times and went downstairs without saying anything. I went straight to the basement, the only place where no one will find me. I opened the cupboard that was at the right side of the main hall and saw his sweatshirt nicely folded.

I picked it up and brought it close to my nose, sniffing his scent. Suddenly I felt as if he has his arms wrapped around me.

Flashback....

I was in my pyjama and a very uncomfortable shirt. I was whining to Mama about how she should take me to the mall and get me a very nice and comfortable sweatshirt so I'll wear it at night. But she kept telling me to wear my other night pjs whereas I kept refusing.

And currently I was standing with Baron with a frown on my face because I was trying to talk him into taking me to the mall but he kept taking Mama's side so here I was mad at him whereas he kept saying things to cheer me up which wasn't working.

"Why don't you take my sweatshirt?" Baron spoke and I looked up at him him.

"Huh?" I said, furrowing my brows at him. And before I could stop him, he took his blue sweatshirt off and held it to me

"Here!" I opened my mouth at him in shock. My jaw was literally hanging.

"What the fuck, Baron!" I exclaimed and looked around to see if Mama or Mila was around but thankfully no one was.