C H A P T E R - 1

Previously on The Eye Witness,

She quickly took out the keys from the pocket and opened the door almost breaking it down. As she entered her apartment, she locked the door as soon as she could and leaned against the door. The adrenaline slowly wore off and Caroline started to feel the pain on her knee. Her eyes started to feel heavy and she fell asleep.

***

The next day, Caroline woke up with a sore back. Her head was hazy and she felt lightheaded. All the memories from yesterday came back to her slowly. Her heart started racing faster than that of a hummingbird and breathe shortened, her palms started sweating. She knew what was happening. She had learned about this in her school. She was having a panic attack. She closed her eyes and focused on her one of the painting in her room. Caroline stood up and walked towards the bathroom.

She turned the light on and examined her reflection. Her once sparkling turquoise blue eyes looked dull and bloodshot. Her face looked pale and her brunette hair stuck to her heart-shaped face due to sweat.

She got ready for school, Eastend High School. It wasn't really famous and neither was she interested in studies but she had to complete her education. 

After getting ready, she took her bag, locked the windows and door. Not that she had many expensive things but her neighborhood was not a secure one. Her school was far from her apartment. 

She had to walk for about half an hour, it helped her think. She got time to think about what she had witnessed that day. She knew that she had to go to the cops but being a minor and orphan, she couldn't risk getting back to the foster care system. She didn't realize that she had almost reached her school. She checked her watch, she had ten minutes 

She entered the building and went straight to her locker, it was neatly maintained without any personal touch. After collecting her books for the day, Caroline was on her way to her first class, English.