C H A P T E R - 7

Previously on The Eye Witness

"Yes, I'm sorry. My bad. I'll call Charles and ask him to look for the bodyguard," he replied and started the car.

"Let's go to the office."

***

Agatha and Lucas reached Seeley's office. His building was 10 stories tall. The glass building was shining under the sunlight. The interior of the lobby looked just as good as the building from outside. The major colors were black and white with a splash of gold. The receptionist was sitting right in front of the door.

"Hi there. We are looking for Seeley's assistant. Katherine, I guess?"

The assistant didn't even look at them and asked, "Do you have an appointment?"

To which they replied no.

She gave them a fake but trained smile and said, "I am sorry. She's busy right now. So, you'll have to book an appointment first. Here's my number. Thank you."

Luke removed this batch and said, "Maybe this will change your mind."

"I-. Okay. Is this some kind of prank or something? Did Giovanni set you up for this?" the receptionist asked, panicking slightly.

"No ma'am, I assure this is not a prank. Now, would kindly call Katherine. Please," he said, calmly.

"Yes, yes. Sure. Sorry."

She informed the assistant about their arrival and told the officers to go to the top floor.

Katherine was waiting for them. She gave them a polite smile and welcomed them.

"Would like anything to drink? Water or soda?" Katherine asked.

Agatha declined saying that they were on official police business. 

"Yes. I'm guessing this is about Mr. Hodgins. Well, the last time I saw him was the day before yesterday." Katherine replied.

"You seem to be calm for someone whose boss has gone missing." 

"Well, he's not missing. He's gone to New York for some personal reason."

"But his wife had filed a missing person report."

"Ahh. You should ignore she has always been paranoid," she said shaking her head. 

"Well, we would still like to investigate further. I want his travel details, where he was staying, his airplane tickets, and also the security footage of his office." Luke said the last part looking around the office.

"He went by his private jet and lived in his mansion. And as for the footage I won't be able to give you unless you have a warrant. "

"Fine. The warrant will be sent to you. Please, keep it ready." They left after informing her and giving their cards. 

"Does she seem a little suspicious to you," Agatha asked as soon as the sat in the car. 

"Oh yeah. Definitely. I'll check about her in database. Also, Charles said that the bodyguard is in the precinct." Luke said and drove off.