Partners (Kimetsu No Yaiba AU)

U-1146 was walking around the headquarters of Demon Slayer Corps when his crow called him.

"Hakkekkyū, Hakkekkyū! Yoh have a new mission. Go to Tokyo this instant! Little children have been getting lost! KawK! KawK!"

"I'll get ready Haki." U-1146 replied as he continued to walk.

"You have a partner, Hakkekkyū. Find AE-3803." The crow added. It flew away fast until it wasn't seen anymore.

A partner? He thought. Never even once he had a partner during one of his missions.

He stopped infront of his room, he opened the door to reveal a redhead girl, wearing a dark violet robe and the Demon Slayer Corps' uniform, looking through his stuff.

"Oh, hello! I'm AE-3803, I'm going to be your partner for your recent mission." AE-3803 greeted as she looked towards him and waved.

"What are you doing here?" U-1146 replied, staring at her.

"I'm was waiting for you, you're slow." she giggled.

U-1146 walked towards his table and took a book and a few things. AE-3803 sat down at the chair.

"You have a few stuff, are you a minimalist?" AE-3803 asked U-1146.

U-1146 ignored her as he packed his things. "Are you that of a chatterbox?" U-1146 asked her in a annoyed tone.

"It's best to keep you entertained, rather that being sleepy. You might get bitten by a demon." AE-3803 replied. She giggled and mimicked a demon's actions.

"Are you not scared of demons?" U-1146 asked as he saw how she makes fun of Demons.

"A bit, but, it's okay to be scared. But you'll be happy once you save people when you slay one." She replied. She stood up and walked towards the door.

"But they were also humans before." AE-3803 mumbled.

"Okay! I'll meet you outside! Ciao!" AE-3803 added as she opened the door and stepped out.

I'm going to go to a mission with this girl? He asked himself. He took his stuff and opened the door. He took one last look at his room and he left.

He went down the stairs and walked through the sidewalk until he reached the fountain, where he found AE-3803 who was sitting at the fountain, cleaning her katana.

"Should we go now?" She asked as she tucked away the towlette she used to clean her katana and put away her blue colored katana.

"We should. We need to get to Tokyo fast so the demon won't kill more children." U-1146 replied in a serious tone.

They walked out the gate and continued their mission.

--About a day and a half later--

U-1146 and AE-3803 had arrived to Tokyo, it was rather crowded but a very enjoyable place to hang out.

"Woah! It's amazing here! I'm a bit hungry, do you want to grab a bite?" AE-3803 asked her partner in a cheery tone.

"We have a mission to do, right? Focus on it." U-1146 replied, he sighed. He looked tired and worn out cause of the travel.

"Aw, you're such a killjoy. Besides, it's still like, 4:20. Demons come out at night anyways." she replied.

She took his hand and rushed to the nearby restaurant.

Is she holding my hand? U-1146 thought. No one has held his hand before and no one has also even invited him to eat.

-After 5 minutes-