VI. First Steps

Training was over in no time.

"No time" as in you kicked the knights asses with ease, even though you were in protest of it just minutes before.

But you knew when you were told to fight, you fought. And you don't hold back, especially not with knights like Lesco and Khuno closing in on you.

They went down quick. Probably because your energy was at its peak.

But by the time you got to Shiloh, you were out of it. Tired. Sweating. Begging Kylo for a break or a five minute resting period.

But he never caved. You knew he wouldn't. So you worked your hands and legs until your palms were bleeding and your thighs were trembling, face flush with that after-workout-glow.

But Shiloh- he was a fight. He was different from his brethren.

He was the one who treated you most like a friend rather than family, which is why the two of you got along so well. He was younger than the others, a bit more lively, and a lot more playful.

But he was still a huge, scary, weapon-yielding knight in shining armor who beat your ass every time he fought you.

But not this time- not in front of Kylo.

You took him down with a swift dodge, jab, a kick to the back of his knee, and another hit to his head.

You knew he wouldn't take the defeat personally, but you could tell he wanted to win. Maybe impress his master in the process.

But he lost. Big time.

Actually, the only part where he really had an advantage over you was after the fight was over, and he was laying flat on his back. His body took up most of the mat as you carefully stepped around him.

It wasn't your intention to gloat, but gods you wanted to. Wanted to scream "na-na-na-na boo-boo" in his face as he laid on the floor. Or straddle his hips, hold his wrists above his head, and spit on his mask while laughing in his face.

But you didn't do any of that. Not when offering your hand out to him from the floor out of pure guilt.

But he had other intentions- intentions that including grabbing your wrist way too fast, pulling you down onto his body way too hard, and rubbing your scalp with his knuckles way too vigorously. Like how he did in the cantina, only ten times worse this time around.

This was when he had the advantage. This was when you knew the other knights would gladly join the dog-pile and nearly suffocate you underneath them.

But you never minded when they acted like this. Like normal guys. Like brothers.

Immature, heavy, older brothers that would crush you in a big group hug if they were given the chance.

--

As you walked alongside the knights down more and more corridors of the Finalizer base, something continuously poked and prodded at your mind.

Kylo.

He had been watching you that whole time, you knew that.

But he never actually fought you. It was what you were waiting for, and he never gave it to you.

The only thing he really gave you during that training session was attitude.

He seemed so upset with you for some reason. You knew it wasn't useful to complain, or even give him back talk, but that wasn't what upset him.