Princess and The Pauper Chapter. 1: Let's be Free

Princess Anika is a simple princess, no flaws many thought. She's a princess, how could she have flaws..she was practically flawless.

But even a princess has flaws. Other her beautiful blue eyes and long flowing brown hair, she's one to mess up so much in one little action.

But she wasn't even alone though, she has a younger sister who adores and protects her daily. Alice is very sweet and amazing.

Today, Anika is on a stand, trying a very nice and beautiful wedding dress, a little too tight for her. The voice of her assistant was blurred out of her head....

She couldn't handle this guilt she was having. Her kingdom was in serious debt and she didn't catch up on the news until she heard of a marriage to a king of a neighboring kingdom. She couldn't believe it but she knew it was for her kingdom and her people.

Alice watches as she pets their cat, Saraphina.

Anika looks up at the window and sighs. She stepped down and walks to the hallway.

[Anika]All my life I've always wanted
To have one day just for me
Nothing to do and for once
Nowhere I need to be
With no lessons, lords, or lunches
Or to-do list in the way
No one to say when to eat or read or leave or stay!
That would be the day!

Meanwhile, the lovely pauper of the village, Zoey held a few fabrics. She worked a dress inporium, it wasn't all the bad, it was just the owner was a little too stingy with her money, but at all, a calm women..only when it isn't though.

Zoey's parents died after Zara was born so she did her best to take of her whole working. Feeding her wasn't such a problem since the baker was a generous guy.

But the dream that they always had that was to see the world beyond that village.

[Zoey]All my life I've always wanted
To have one day for myself
Not waking up with a pile of work
On every shelf!
With no hems in need of pressing
And no sleeves in disarray
No wedding gown with a thousand stitches to crochet!
And no debt to pay!

The thing these two have in common..freedom. They want one day to be best day of their lives. The day to avoid responsibility...

What would it be like to be...
Free?
Free?

Free to try crazy things!
Free from endless I.O.Us!
Free to fly!
Free to sing!
And marry whom I choose!

[Queen Genevieve & Anika spoken]
I'm so sorry, my darling. But as you know, it is vital you marry King Dominick. It is the only way to take care of our people
I know. It's my duty
Oh! And look! Another engagement gift!

[A]You would think that I'm so lucky
That I have so many things;
[Ally]I'm realizing that every present
Comes with strings

[Zoey]
Though I know I have so little
My determination's strong;
People will gather around the world
To hear my song!

[Zara]Can I come along?

[Anika]
Now I fear I'll never be...

[Zoey]
Soon I will forever be

[Both]
Free!

I close my eyes and
Feel myself fly a
Thousand miles away
I could take flight
But would it be right?
My conscience tells me stay!

[Anika + Zoey]
I'll remain forever royal!
I'll repay my parent's debt!
Duty means doing the things
Your heart may well regret!
But I'll never stop believing!
She can never stop my schemes!
There's more to living than
Gloves and gowns
And threads and seams
In my dreams
I'll be free!

Anika was seen in her study, reading her books as usual. She was always found in the library in her spare times. She didn't know why she found comfort in the books she reads. But it seemed to work on her.

"Princess?"

Anika turned to see her advisor, Julian, holding a little more books then she ordered.

"Julian, put them down, you'll hurt yourself." Anika gasp, taking the books from his arms onto her own. "I don't want anything to happen to my best friend and advisor."

"You're very long, Anika but honestly, those books were for sir Premijor."

"Are they? I'll tell him if he comes by." Anika puts down the books by her desk. "Is there anything else?" She asked.

"Well, I do want to ask you something."

"Of course, what is it?"

"How about accompanying me to the village tomorrow?"

Anika only stared at her friend and his odd but ideal request. "Really? The Village? Tomorrow?" She questioned.

"Yes. I want you to see the village before your wedding for the first time. I want it to be the best for you." He stated.

Anika Smiles."I'll gladly accompany you with Alice and Saraophina tomorrow. And make sure we'll back before dinner time?"

"I know your schedule like the back of my hand, Anika."

"Thank you." Anika Smiles.

Sir Premijor saw and walked in. "Do you have my books, dear advisor?" He asked in his dark tone.

Anika got his books."Over here." She said, giving him the books one by one. "Why must you get so many books? Are you looking at rare jewels or anything?"

"Just like you, Princess Anika, I am also a book worm, any book will satisfy me."

Anika Smiles at his response."Maybe you can lend me some when you finish?" She asked.

"Ask me anytime." He said, walking away with his books.

Anika shivers a little."He's a gentleman but his gives an unnecessary chill down my spine." She said, grabbing her book. "More and Less...," She turns to Julian."Yes, I'll go to the village with you...I'll make sure to spend that day to fullest."

Anika walks past Julian up to her bedroom, meeting up with Saraophina."Hi my dear cat.." she whispered."Will you accompany me,hmm..?"

Alice looks up from her book."You said yes?" She asked.

Anika nods."I'll try to make it amazing.."

Alice Smiles."Just don't get into too much trouble who knows what will happen if mother finds out."

"That's true. But we trust Julian, remember?"

Alice nods and takes Saraophina."Good night." And left the room.

Anika closes her blinds and curtains, yawning. She looks around." For one day..." She hums and fell asleep on her bed.