4 // Dead Bodies

a/n : i'm going to come back an edit this later tonight, so if you find any typos please just ignore them ! i just wanted to get this up :))

I pull my car over to the side of the road, seeing Harry's rental car before me. The roads were slick from the January weather, so I was honestly just grateful he didn't swerve off the side of the road.

I get out, the mushy snow below my feet, and walk around to the trunk where Harry's fuel was. I pull it out, it being a little heavy as I had filled it as full as I could to where I could still lift it. I'm not the strongest person ever, so it had been filled just enough to get Harry to another gas station where he could fill the tank up.

I see Harry getting out of the rental car, shivering in the cold winter air, even though his coat looked like it costed more than my rent.

"I've got the goods," I say after closing the trunk, now walking toward Harry.

"You..." he says slowly, walking toward me, meeting me in the middle, "are a fucking lifesaver."

"Well I couldn't just leave you here." I hand him the red gas can. He takes it from me, no trouble lifting it whatsoever.

"What about your job? You said you're working until 5:30 today, so don't you still have clients that are supposed to come in?" He asks worriedly.

"Coincidentally enough, my last client of the day had to cancel last minute," I tell him with a smile. "And it was like prefect timing, cause it gave me time to come save you."

"Okay good," he says, letting out a sigh of relief. "I wouldn't want you to lose your job or anything."

I laugh awkwardly, mentally debating whether I should tell him about my job--or lack thereof now.

"Let's just...get you some gas, yeah?" I gesture to the fuel tank opening.

"Right," he says, nodding his head.

While Harry hold the gas can, I open the door to the fuel tank, unscrew the cap, and pull it off. He lifts up the can, pouring gas into the tank.

Once he had emptied the can into the tank, he looks over at me with a crooked smile, setting the can onto the icy pavement. He closes off the tank, turning to me.

His eyes grow lazy as he stares me down. They look at my feet for a millisecond, then flick straight back up to meet my eyes. And even though the air was cold and I was shivering, that warmed my body like no other.

"How could anyone ever get so lucky?" He asks, leaning against the car, a smirk now playing on his lips.

"Oh my god," I breathe out, laughing as I knew the red on my cheeks wasn't from the cold.

"You're cold aren't you?"

"No, I'm fine," I lie, shaking my head with a smile.

"That's a very ridiculous thing to lie about," he says to me, his eyebrows furrowed. His facial expression is hard to describe, but let me tell you, it was intimidating.

"Well it's a ridiculous thing to make a big deal out of," I shoot back, shrugging.

"Touché." He nods.

Without either of us saying anything else, he walks toward me, making my heart pound. He looked like a lion and I was his gazelle. Just as I'd expected him to pounce, he shoves his hands into the pockets of his coat and wraps the sides around me. He pulls me close, so I was as closely pushed up against his chest as possible and holds me there.

"I don't care if you're cold," he tells me, his coat covering my back as he lays his head on my shoulder. "I am."

I chuckle softly, moving my arms from my sides to wrap around his torso as well. A few cars drove past, but no one seemed to notice that Harry Styles was just casually standing on the side of the road, sharing his coat with a girl.

"You're warm," Harry says.

"Well the human body usually averages at about 98.6 degrees..."

"Shut up," he says sarcastically, lifting his head off my shoulder. As he pulls away, his arms remain and he looks at me. Just simply looks at me. 

"What?" I ask, laughing nervously. He hums in response, looking as if he had just been snapped out of a trance. "What are you looking at?"

"You," he says, his voice soft and smooth.

"Why?" I say, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Because," Harry says, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. "You've got something right..." he trails off and before I know it, his lips are pressed gently against the very tip of my nose. After a quick peck, he pulls away, smiling simply. "There."

"Oh my god," I breathe out, smiling as I roll my eyes.

"You're done for the day, right?" he asks, still staring at me. I felt too self-conscious to look him in the eyes, so I instead stare at the soft, plaid fabric of his long coat.

"Yeah," I say hesitantly,  still not sure whether I should tell him about me walking out on Linda or not.

"Well," he continues to smile, his dimples as deep as always, "I was thinking...maybe we could go out to dinner tonight. Like, just the two of us."

"Like...on a date?"

"No, I was thinking as just friends," he says sarcastically, desperately trying to keep a straight face, which--for once--he actually managed to do. 

I laugh and roll my eyes, not at him, but at myself for asking a stupid question with such an obvious answer. 

"You're being very sarcastic today, Styles," I tell him, give him a side eye.

"Sorry," he says sheepishly, lowering his head, but the smile never leaving his face.

"Don't be," I say, shaking my head. "It's cute."

"Not as cute as you, my love," he argues and I scrunch my nose. He gives my waist one last squeeze with his longer than life arms before slowing releasing me from his embrace.

"But yes," I finally reply to his previous request, "I'd love to go to dinner."

"Perfect."

Within a few seconds, Harry finally lets go, unwrapping his coat from around me so we no longer looked like conjoined twins.

I suck in a deep breath as I pick up the gas can that sat near our feet. 

I gesture to the trunk of Harry's rental car with the now empty gas can. "Can I just put this in-"

"No," Harry says quickly, standing in front of the trunk, blocking my access to it. My eyes widen at his sudden secrecy. Him showing that he didn't want me to open the trunk only made me want to open it more.

"Why not? Are you hiding a dead body in there?"

"Totally. All sliced up. Super gory. You don't want to see it."

I furrow my eyebrows, dying to know what was inside the trunk. But if Harry didn't want me to see, I wasn't going to look. So instead, I set the gas can on the floor of the backseat, turning to Harry after doing so.

"Come on," he says. I follow him around to the other side of the car, where the passenger side door was. He opens the door, using his hand to gesture for me to take a seat.

"Shall we?" Harry asks. I stand there, rocking back and forth on my feet, my hands tucked away in the warmth of my pockets.

"I would love to," I say, holding back my chuckles, "but someone has to drive my car home."

"Oh, right." He chuckled nervously, quickly shutting the door, his cheeks turning a light shade of pink. "Sorry."

"Stop apologizing," I tell him in the nicest tone possible, getting up on my tip toes to give his cheek a quick kiss. "I'll see you at home, okay?"

"Okay." He smiles as he nods. And with that, I walk away to my car, now eager to get home to get ready for my date with Harry tonight.