nine

After taking a shower at home and getting dressed, Lisa found herself making her way to Jennie's place.

Was it a good idea? Probably not the best, but she felt the need to go over there and talk to the smaller girl, even if that meant breaking in if Jennie didn't let her in.

Lisa took a deep breath before softly knocking on the door, her breath hitching when the door opened. Jennie glared at Lisa the second her eyes landed on her, quickly shutting the door but Lisa stopped the door from closing.

"Jennie, we need to talk please," Lisa begged as she looked at Jennie through the small crack she had managed to keep open as Jennie continued trying to shut the door.

"What's to even talk about? You made a bet to fuck me and you lost. You can go home now." Jennie muttered.

Lisa sighed softly. "Can we please talk? Ten minutes?"

"You really think you're worth ten minutes of my time?"

Lisa groaned. "Stop being so hard to deal with! Just let me fucking talk to you and then you can kick me the fuck out."

Jennie stopped pushing against the door, allowing Lisa to open it. "Five minutes."

Lisa sighed softly and ran her fingers through her messy bangs as she looked at Jennie. "I'm so sorry. You have to understand that I'm so sorry about this. At first, I'm not gonna lie, I didn't care about anything. I just wanted to prove my friends wrong. But I started to get to know you and—"

"You didn't fall for me, Lisa. Don't start with that bullshit. That's not how falling in love works, not in a span of 5 days."

"I didn't fall in love with you. But I genuinely liked being around you."

Jennie scoffed. "And you still were going to go on with the bet? Even after what you're telling me? If I didn't find out, you'd still be trying."

Lisa sighed. "I was supposed to do it the day of the date."

Jennie rose an eyebrow.

"I had everything with me, but when you told me that was your first date, I couldn't do it. I had this entire week to do it and I still didn't do it."

"That still doesn't make you any less of a shit person. You can't bet to mess around with people. That's such a jerk thing to do."

"I know and I'm sorry." Lisa frowned. "I actually do like hanging out with you and I hate that I messed that up and I'm really sorry that I hurt your feelings."

Jennie sighed softly. "For the first time, I genuinely thought a girl maybe had feelings for me and wasn't just waiting to get in bed with me. It's not always fun being asexual."

"What is that anyway?" Lisa mumbled softly, curiously looking at the smaller girl who wrapped her arms around herself.

"It means I have no sexual desires. I don't want to have sex, I don't feel the need to have it and I don't plan on having it at all." Jennie shrugged. "That's why it's so hard for people to actually want to be with me because being intimate with someone is usually part of being in a relationship."

Lisa nodded her head slightly. She can see why Jennie had a hard time dating people and that made her feel like even more of an asshole.

"I'm really sorry. I really wish I didn't take on that stupid bet. Is there any way I can make it up to you?"

"Actually, yes."

Lisa smiled brightly at the response but that smile disappeared when Jennie continued speaking.

"Stay out of my life," Jennie mumbled before closing the door on the blonde's face.

Lisa flinched at the sound of the door slamming, a small sigh leaving her lips.

She really did mess up.