Chapter 8

(Shadows PoV)

Back on the long road again, driving of course. I was surprised that Sonic hadn't gotten car sick yet. Usually when I would drive with Rouge, she would get car sick if we drove for more than two hours.

I heard Sonic start coughing again, so I pulled over to go help him. I got up and walked towards him, but before I got to pat his back, he stopped coughing. 'Thats odd' I thought. I went to go back to the driver's seat, but then he started coughing again.

"Are you faking your coughing?" I asked him. He shook his head and continued to cough harshly. I took a few steps toward him and he stopped coughing again. I took a step back and I could hear him wheezing loudly. I went to him and sat next to him on the bed and I could hear his wheezing slowly go away.

I looked at him, and he looked at me with a confused face.

"Are you not getting this?" I asked him.

No..?" he said still confused. "Everytime I walk away, you start coughing and wheezing, but when I get close to you, your wheezing and coughing goes away." I said. He blinked, obviously still confused.

"Just watch." I said standing up and taking a few steps back. He started wheezing again, so I went to go sit next to him again and he stopped. He didn't look confused anymore, he looked more surprised. "It's starting to make sense now." He said.

"Wait what?" I asked.

"Back on the ark, you were made to cure all diseases and sicknesses, right?" I nodded slowly trying to understand what he was saying.

"Maybe your the cure to..my sickness?" He said confusing himself. I understood what he was saying.

"I think I may have two missions now." I said.

"You do?" He asked. "What are they?"

"Protecting that hospital from Eggman, and making sure you don't die from me being too far away." I said.

---------(A Few Minutes Later)----------

I had started driving again, but this time, I put Sonic on my lap. I didn't feel like hearing him cough and wheeze behind me and it probably hurts when he does cough too. He was blushing madly and hiding his face which made me smirk a little.

"You know you look kinda cute when you blush~." I said which made him blush more. His face was as red as an apple.

I chuckled softly at the thought which made him look at me.

"W-what are y-you laughing a-at?" He said hiding his face in his hands again.

"I'm obviously laughing at you, Faker." I said poking him in his side. I focused back on the road and saw a big billboard with bold letters on it.

"Welcome to Miami" it read. I patted Sonic's shoulder and pointed to the billboard. Once he read it he started smiling.

"We made it!" He said wagging his tail, forgetting that he was on my lap. His tail kept hitting me in my stomach and it was starting to hurt.

"Faker stop wagging your tail, your hitting me with it." I said pulling on it. That got his attention.

"Oh s-sorry." He said and stopped.

-----------------------------------------------

It took a few more miles until we saw a big white building.

"Miami Hospital" the top of the building read. Sonic had fallen asleep on my shoulder and was snoring quietly. He looked so peaceful when he slept. I parked the trailer in the hospital's parking lot.

"Sonic wake up." I said shaking his shoulder lightly. His eyes slowly started to open.

"Hmm? W-where are we?" He said slowly sitting up."

"We're at the hospital." I said.

Did I make this chapter too short? I don't freaking know. All I know is that y'all better be enjoying it! Adios!