viii. 𝒀𝑨𝑻𝑶 - 𝑺. 𝑮𝑰𝑵𝑻𝑶𝑲𝑰

ask : this isn't an x reader request, but i was wondering if you would do gintoki headcanons where he's a yato along with kagura? thanks!

  ೄྀ  — gintoki as a yato wouldn't be too different, personality-wise

  ೄྀ — gintoki as a yato wouldn't be too different, personality-wise.

  ೄྀ — he might be a little more rambunctious during fights, as all yato are; but at his core, he would remain the same dead-eyed lazy bum that lays on the couch all day to read jump.

  ೄྀ — i headcanon his past would be all kinds of fucked up, with early childhood staying the same and then branching out when he doesn't meet shoyou.

  ೄྀ — i imagine him as an orphan, hanging around battlefields (which is practically every single inch of land on rakuyou) and pocketing whatever he can off corpses so he doesn't go hungry.

  ೄྀ — it's a messy and disgusting lifestyle, but he endures.

  ೄྀ — i like to think he would find his way to kagura one way or the other. he would be in his mid-teens when this little orange ball of sunshine comes into his life.

  ೄྀ — she gives him a taste of something he's never had before; and seeing her and the rest of her family as his own doesn't take long with how starved he is to belong.

  ೄྀ — it doesn't end with kagura.

  ೄྀ — even though he would treasure kagura beyond belief, the one he would really connect with is kamui.

  ೄྀ — kagura is a bit too young, and while gintoki enjoys having a little sister to look after, he enjoys kamui's company more when it comes to any sort of character development.

  ೄྀ — hands down, would beat up anybody who bullies his lil' brother. this softens up kamui's headstrong personality a bit.

  ೄྀ — is there for kamui's first real fight, cheering him on (rather embarrassingly) while ruffling his hair and taking him out to eat as a reward for winning.

  ೄྀ — when it comes to his abilities, gintoki is strong, as all yato are, beyond belief.

  ೄྀ — part of it is raw talent, part of it is knowing his way around smart cheats and dirty tricks (courtesy of growing up on the streets), but the most important part is his determination to grow stronger. gintoki has had many encounters with helplessness. his refusal to feel this way again is what fuels the better part of his strength; his goal to protect what and who he sees precious to him is what enables him to tap into his monstrous power.

  ೄྀ — but all in all, he would come over to play with kagura, tease kamui, and eat all their food. period.