child of killah | method man

Reference to my book 'Armani'.

You can skip this if you haven't read it.
.. or not. It's up to you.

-

Napanoch, New YorkEastern Correctional FacilityJanuary 12, 20192:00pm

Napanoch, New York
Eastern Correctional Facility
January 12, 2019
2:00pm

"Kaydence Roy!" The guard who Kaydence has gotten to know as 'Lawrence' over that past 20 something years, caught his attention during his work out.

Kaydence kissed his teeth, putting the weights down to look up at Lawrence. "Ima need you to stop callin' out my name like that every time you got somethin' to say to me, son." He chuckled and dapped the guard.

"I can't, it's tradition." Lawrence joked. "But uh, you got a visitor."

Kaydence's face suddenly softened while Lawrence pulled out his handcuffs. They both knew exactly who the visitor was. Lawrence grew to be somewhat of a father figure to K, as well as an advisor. Kaydence told him about all of the shit that went down before he got locked up and instead of being an asshole like the rest of the guards up in this facility, Lawrence helped Kaydence keep his mind right and stay sane.

"You ready for this?" Lawrence asked.

Kaydence nodded. "Yea." He replied and stretched out his arms in front of him for Lawrence to place the handcuffs on his wrists.

The two walked down to the visitation room in a comfortable silence. Kaydence used this moment to mentally prepare for what was about to happen.

Lawrence stopped in his tracks and so did Kaydence once they reached the entrance of the room. "There she is." Lawrence gave a simple head in the direction of a young woman seated at one of the tables.

Kaydence exhaled a deep breath and slowly began walking towards her with Lawrence following behind.

The female's eyes lazily travelled up at Kaydence when he finally arrived at the table. Lawrence removed the handcuffs and Kaydence took a seat across from the woman.

"No-"

"Touching. I got it Lawrence, thanks." Kaydence said with a forced smile. Lawrence dry chuckled and headed off to the side.

Kaydence brought his attention back to the girl. She was wearing a black bubble jacket with an all black hoodie underneath and two short chains dangling off her neck. Her hair was out, curly and a bit wild-looking, but still presentable.