Chapter 1

~Kayla~

It had been two days since the nurse had shown up at my house, and I was still stuck in confusion about her words. Could Jack possibly be alive?

I get yanked into reality when the doorbell rang. I made my way slowly to the door and pulled it open, but nobody was on the porch. I looked around to check it out but nothing was there.

If I had been even a little more out of it, I would've missed the little black box on the welcome mat. I bent down and picked it up and felt the velvet on my fingers.

I stood up and walked into the house, shutting the door behind me. I sat down at the kitchen table and studied the little box, rolling it around on my palm, enjoying the texture.

I fumbled with the latch on the side and finally clicked it open. I lifted the side and inside was a piece of paper folded up. I lifted it and ran my finger lightly on the edge of the paper trying to find where it started.

I unfolded it and focused my eyes on the top of the paper and began reading.

Hello CupCake,

It's been quite some time hasn't it? Nearly 5 years, and everyday that goes by I think about you. I really do miss you, I don't know how I've survived this long without you.

I really must go now love... But I'm sure you will be hearing from me again soon. If you wish, look at the park... Just take a nice stroll.

Goodbye, for now CupCake.

I felt the tears trickle down my cheeks and I gasped as I read his little signature at the bottom of the paper, which validated that it was really from my love.

I looked at the bottom of the box as I went to put the note back in it. The little shiny piece of metal catches my eye and I reach in and pull it out. I let out a choked cry as I realize it was the necklace he always wore, he even had it the day he jumped.

I pulled it to my face and cried while holding what I had left of Jack. I gripped the note in my damp hands and stood up.

My mind was set. I will see Jack again, I will. I grab my keys off of the couch side table and pull on my Hollister boots. I wipe my runny makeup off of my cheeks as I step into my car, on the way to the park.
~~~
Yay guys, an update. Get this to 20 votes for another update(:

I'm supposed to be doing Biology rn sooo enjoy this. I have 2 projects due and a lab write up due tomorrow that I haven't even started on ^_^ doesn't high school just sound thrilling?

Love you all(: