Chapter 4

I arrived at the alley, pulling my jacket tighter to me. I walked down the dark, narrow passage, making it to the dumpster, I stared at the place where I had found Jack that night.

I remember finding his limp body, covered in blood and bruised. I remember blowing Alyssa off and the beginning of hell began, but I didn't care because I had Jack.

I felt the place where his body had been. He's the one who got me started in the medical field, the one who inspired me to become a nurse.

I scooted closer to the dumpster and found the little box that Jack had been talking about. I opened it and sat down on the ground, letting my eyes flicker over the words written there.

Kayla,

This is nerve wrecking. I have one thing to ask of you. One thing and I can finally see you again. Finally. I'm so close to seeing you and I'm nearly worn out from missing you so much.

I know it's going to hurt coming back here, but I need you to come to the hotel. I need you to come. That's the only thing I ask of you Kayla. That's all.

I set the note down, I was in shock. I didn't know if I could bring myself to go back to that godforsaken rooftop. The rooftop where I had witnessed him jump and where I thought I had lost him forever.

The pit in my stomach didn't go away, but I found my way home and on my front porch was the nurse. "Kayla, don't ask questions, the money is on the kitchen table," and then she left.

I walked in and along with the money was a little letter scribbled in Jacks handwriting. "Ticket to me" was scribbled down and I picked up the money.

"Oh my god."

I ran upstairs and packed a bag, making my way back down the stairs I grabbed the money and made my way to the airport.

I'm getting my Jack back.

~~~

The next chapter will be supa long babes.

Ignore me calling you different names every time like "Loves" "Darlings" "Babes" oh well.

I'm not updating until you get chapter 3 and 4 to 20 votes.

Love you all Babes

-Shelby❤️