Chapter 7

(Don't judge me for the song of the chapter, it's a good song.

Save me- Nicki Minaj)

"Why were you gone for four years, you have to know that I could never hate you, or even be angry at you for that long?" I questioned him while gripping his hand in mine.

He took a deep breath. "Well, after I went off the map, I flew out to Dallas. At first it was okay, just missing you a lot. I got a small job and saved up for a year, I even went and saw a concert at the House of Blues, I was doing okay." He explained.

"Well somewhere along the way... Something happened, and I got into drugs. I got into fucking drugs Kayla... I was an addict for months, and the only thing that snapped me out of it was one day, I was watching tv. And on the screen popped up your name saying 'Kayla Wood, youngest Medical PhD student.' "

I remember that day, the day I got my degree. I was the youngest female to ever get a PhD and I got interviewed for it. I guess they actually aired it all over the country.

"I realized what a piece of shit I had become, so I spent almost a year getting help in rehab. And when I got better, I started contacting you again." He told me.

I finally understood, he just didn't want to hurt me, and he stayed away until he got better. I gripped his hand tighter and leaned my head on his shoulder, nothing else being said for a while.

We sat on the roof for a while, just basking in each other's existence. Jack stood up and I watched him walk to the edge of the roof in the city light, my muscles tensing.

He stood on the very edge, looking down, his back to me. "You know Kayla, there's this sense of freedom as you fall. You just step off and it's like you pull the ground up to you really fast."

I stood up, but didn't take a step towards him. I watched as he raised his arms to his sides, and I could tell he had his eyes closed. I watched him with caution.

"You just step off and you feel the air flowing all around you. You know like when you stick your head out of the sunroof of a car. But it's all around you, more intense. It's like you're flying."

I took a step towards him, raising my hand, but before I could get to him, he turned around to face me. He kept his eyes closed and he looked kind of at peace.

"But one thing I know about flying, is every thing has to land eventually." He said. He opened his eyes and there was an indescribable look in his blue eyes. He reached out for me, and I took his hand in mine.

"But I'll never do that again. Ever. Because Kayla, I have something to live for. After four years of being without you I finally realized that I had an actual reason to live." He said, pulling me towards him.

He wrapped his arms around me very tight, "CupCake, you gave me a damn good reason to live." His voice wavered, and soon after I felt his tears falling in my shoulder, dampening it.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and squeezed him and I stood on my tippy toes.

"Jack." I murmured. He nodded. I lifted his face out of my shoulder and looked him in the eyes. "I never got the chance to really do this," and I leaned in and pressed my lips to his soft pink ones.

"And I remember you asking about me liking you," I said once I pulled away. He nodded. "You were wrong," I said. He looked confused and slightly scared.

"Because I love you."

~~

GUYS WAS THIS CUTE ENOUGH?!

I TRIED BUT IM SICK AS BALLS RN

QOTD: Do you guys like Twenty One Pilots?

MAOTD (my answer of the day) :HELLZ YAAHHHH