Chapter 10

Character ask at the end
Song: Marchin' On- OneRepublic

"There's so many wars we fight, there's so many things we're not, but with what we have, I promise you that we're marchin on."

The moment we stepped off of the plane, I drug Jack to a Panda Express that they had in the airport. We both ordered and Jack refused to let me pay, so I let him, but not without a fight.

We sat down at the table and he immediately slid his hand across the table and linked his fingers with mine, giving me a small smile. "Jack, how are we going to approach your mother with this? 'Hey mom, I've actually been alive the four years that everybody thought I was dead. Lol sorry.'" I asked him.

He chuckled softly, "I guess I'm just going to knock on the door and explain everything that I did to you, but to her," he explained and shrugged. I nodded and picked around my orange chicken to eat some rice.

After sitting at the airport for an hour, we decided not to put off the inevitable. We stood up and walked outside to catch the next public bus to the closest place near Jacks house.

We sat down on the bus, Jack sitting by the window and staring out it blankly, probably trying to figure out how to explain to his mom. I gripped his hand and squeezed it lightly.

His lips curved into a small smile and he lifted our hands and kissed the back of mine lightly, but didn't look at me. I just focused on the front of the bus, watching the people and traffic go by as normal.

We finally pulled up about a block away from Jack's house and we stepped off together with about 2 other people. He stopped me from walking and pulled me back to him.

"Okay, what was the first thing that my mom noticed when you came home without me?" He questioned me. I thought back to that day, "She noticed that your suitcase wasn't there with mine."

"That's what I thought, okay here's the plan, I'm going to give you my suitcase and you are going to walk up to the door carrying it. And you know the steps by the front gate that's slightly out of view of the front door? I'll be there," he explained quickly and handed me his bag.

I nodded and walked through the gates, and onto the front porch of the little Johnson's house. I set the suitcase down by my legs and knocked on the door.

It wasn't weird for me to be here, I often came and checked up on Jack's mother. She opened the door with a warm smile on her face and brought me into a big hug.

When she pulled away from me she looked down and noticed the bag by my feet and gave me a really confused look. Before I could say anything, I heard a voice behind me.

I turned around and looked down at Jack who had his hands on the concrete imprint of his baby hands on the steps. "It really is a shame my hands don't fit anymore right?"

Miss.Johnson screamed and ran down the steps to her son. She pulled him into her arms, and squeezed the life out of him. "JACK IS IT REALLY YOU!?!?" She screamed as she rocked back and forth with her little boy in her arms.

"Yeah ma, it's me, I've missed you," he murmured and squeezed her back with equal force. He looked like he was about to cry as he hugged his mother, who he hadn't seen in over 4 years.

"My baby boy, oh my gosh I've prayed for so many years for you to come back, I'm so thankful. Kayla, get your butt down here and get in this hug!" Miss.Johnson motioned me over and I walked down the steps.

She wrapped her arm around me and we all stood there hugging, Miss.Johnson crying while hugging her son and Jack tearing up hugging his mother.

And for once, I felt like I belonged in a family.

~~
This goes out to xsecretxx , she helped me out the other day and it'd be amazing if yall could read her books.

QOTD: Do you guys like Panda Express? If you do, do you get rice or Chow Mien?

AOTD: I love Panda Express and I get rice.

Imma do a character ask, leave questions by each name❤️

Jack

Kayla

Miss.Johnson

Tate

Morgan

Meeeeee

I love you guys
-Shelby

(Bro I legit just slid into the kitchen in my fuzzy purple socks and head banged because I thought I was alone and my dad just looks at me slightly terrified as he grabs his lunchbox and leaves.)