Chapter 8

(A/N: Read at the end, thank you)

Song- Luck, American Authors

We had been sitting on the roof for around three hours and the moon was high in the sky. Jack looked at me and grabbed my hand, seeing me drifting off to sleep.

"I have a hotel room for us, I didn't even know if you would show up, but I got a room just in case," he explained as he stood up. I stood up with him, rubbing my eyes drowsily.

I nodded my head and I picked up my bags that I had dropped when I originally got to the roof. We walked down the stairs and got on the elevator, the halls of the hotel were vacant.

We got to the 2nd floor and Jack opened a door to the right, "After you, Ma'lady." I smiled tiredly at him and walked into the room, dropping my bags on the floor and grabbing pajamas.

I walked to the bathroom and pulled them on then washed my face with some cold water. When I walked back out into the room, I flopped down on the bed lazily and pulled the blankets around me.

A moment later I felt the bed dip down and I rolled over to face Jack. "You know you need to go home, right?" I murmured to him, reaching over and playing gently with his hair.

He let out a sigh, crinkling his nose at me. "Yeah, I suppose I do... But how do I even explain to my mother that I've been alive this whole time and that you mysteriously found me?" He asked, frustrated.

"Hey now, it's your mom, she will just be glad that you are here. She went through a rough time after you "died" and she would be overjoyed that you aren't. And I didn't "mysteriously" find you, that nurse helped me," I explained to him.

He shrugged, obviously thinking it all over in his mind. "How did the nurse even know where to find me?" I questioned him, just now realizing that it was weird how she found me.

He looked a little uneasy, "I uh... I told her your address..yeah, I told her told her." I raised an eyebrow at him, not quite believing him but going with it anyways.

"How's Morgan?" He asked me suddenly. I shrugged, "She's doing pretty great actually. She has a husband and a cat named Sushi now, quite a cute family." He smiled at me, "That could be us, one day."

"But you playin," I joked with him and leaned up to kiss his nose. He rolled his eyes playfully at me, kissing my forehead, then my nose, before dipping down to place his lips on mine.

I felt my cheeks heat up instantly, but I didn't hesitate to kiss back. It had been four years since I had any lips on mine, his being the last. He pulled away and wrapped his arms around my waste.

"Get some sleep baby girl," he whispered and I cuddled deeper into his chest, realizing he didn't call me CupCake, but a new pet name. A small smile etched on my face as I sighed in contentment.

The clock in the corner of the room flashed 2:34 A.M, and I fell asleep to the sound of Jack's heartbeat.

~

I have decided to (wo)man up not be so stupid about things. I don't want things like that to get to me, it's not worth it.

Tips to you guys, DONT GIVE A SINGLE FUCK AND IT WILL SPARE YOU GETTING YOUR FEELINGS HURT. Like for real, if you have the attitude that I have recently acquired that I like to call:

"I-don't-give-a-single-fuck-about-what-the-fuck-you're-saying-so-leave-me-the-hell-alone" people learn to keep their mouth shut and you also get this sassy aura and it's great for telling off bitches. Lol: Tips From Shelby XD

Is this better than what I had posted?

I personally think it is, maybe not. Just tell me what you think.

I love you,
-Shelby