The Nightmare

Steven was alone. In a room. Pitch dark. No one but himself. Nothing but his thoughts, his thoughts, the low ringing in his ears and... a low rumbling. He ignored it at first, and chalked it up to his mind playing tricks on him. Then it got progressively louder, and he couldn't ignore it anymore. It was coming from behind him.

He turned around. A big, pink monster appeared in his vision. It was a dark pink, almost purple, hoisting himself up with four arms and a pair of legs. It had two sets of rigid wings on it's back, along with jagged spikes. Almost like... Twoies? Was this.. twoie? His gaze ventured onto his face. He supported six eyes, and a crooked grin, like it had been cut out in a zig-zag line with scissors. Jutting out of the spiky mouth were two huge spikes, almost reaching its eyes. It also had two larger horns ontop of it's head, and a huge tail tattered with spikes

The beast roared at him menacingly, pounding the ground with its four fists and it's ginormous tail. It looked like it was drooling acid, as it sprayed everywhere and melted white holes in the black ground. He was petrified, unable to move a muscle. Was this... a corrupted gem? If it was, this is the biggest one he'd ever seen.

It looked at him with those beady, six, glowing purple eyes. He couldn't move, nor talk. He just stared up at the beast, mouth agape. The monsters head leaned backwards, then smashed against the ground beside him. He bounced up in the air a bit, and falling over. He stood back up, against his will. He didn't move his body, why did he sit up?

The beast roared in pain as he stood back up. It almost sounded... human? He looked back at it....

...tears..? Coming from it's face. The whimpering noise coming out of the monsters mouth was very human-like. What was happening? The beast looked at him as he looked at it, still sobbing. "Hrk! Why...?" The beast groaned. It could talk? Steven looked at it, still terrified, but a tear slipped out of it's eye as the poor monster grunted in agony. "Why are yyy.. you hEre-!? LEAVE!" It pleaded, recoiling backwards and shooting its head in the air.

Only then did he realize how abnormally large the giants neck was. It shot up like a giraffe, in search of danger. The beast once again howled in pain as it shot it's head back into the ground, bouncing him a bit farther from the creature this time. Steven shot back up abnormally fast, this time sitting, but still staring at the creature. It cried out as it pushed it's face farther into the ground. It looked like something, or someone else was making him do this. Like there was a third party involved.

Its head shot up again, like someone grabbed it by the horns and pulled it up. He grunted in pain as he was pulled by the unknown force, more tears spilling out of his eyes. It's eyes shot open and it was staring at him, angry. His head was still hoisted up in the air, facing the black sky. "I said... LEAVE!!" The voice sounded different from the other time the beast talked. The same, but a little different.. a little scratchier and deeper. As it shouted the command, the beasts head smashed into Steven's body head on. Then, the beast faded out.

He woke up in a cold sweat, gasping, and falling forward, his feet against the bathroom door.