The Talk: III

Twoie stared at Steven for a second with apologetic, sad eyes. "I-" he breathes. "Steven, you dont need to know." There it was again. The look that Steven was used to Twoie supporting. That closed off, distant, cold glare that rested upon Twoies face. Steven frowned.

"Twoie, please..! Please, just talk to me!" Steven begged. Twoie was like a locked door, and Steven was keen on picking that. But, it was apparent that there wasn't just one lock.

"No."

There were many.

"Twoie, please! What's wrong?" "STEVEN!" Twoie hisses. Steven flinched, but Twoie didnt. And if he did, he hid it well. "Steven, please, you dont want.... you dont need to know." Though, Steven did catch a bit of a remorse tinted tone in that statement. But his face didnt grow less distant.

"Twoie..." Steven whined. "I do! I do need to know why your hurting!" He pressed on. Twoies face grew more irritated than cold and distant at this point.

"Steven please you... you're too young to understa-" Twoie.. cut himself off. He heard the own venom in his voice. How that phrase always cast him to the shadow when he was Steven's age. 'You're too young to understand'.

"I..." Twoie started. "That's not what I mean, it's just..." he sighs. "Rhe parts that I ha-... dont... like about myself," he continues, "Well, not that necessarily, but I just, you are..." "gh, kid listen you're..." he pauses. "You're different from other kids." He states. Steven tilts his head in question. "I know that you dont see that as something bad now, but.."

"You dont have to be a crystal gem, kid."

That hit... hard. What did Twoie mean he didnt have to be a crystal gem? Of course he did! "Of course I do!" He repeats his thoughts out loud. "They need me!" Twoie frowns at Steven's outburst. "Yeah, they do but..." Twoie contemplates for a minutes, then looks down. "Theres... no way out of it."

"Out of what...?" Steven asks quietly. "This. I never wanted this, hehe..." he breaths. Suddenly, Steven hugs Twoie. He gasps slightly. "Please dont say that. 5he gems love us!" Twoie furrows his eyebrows. "I know... I think, I know but... was it worth it?"

"Was it worth what?" Steven asks. "Everthing that happened. Yeah we saved the world but.... everything that I have to deal with on an every day basis? Now that everythings safe? Its torture Steven... really." Twoie sighs. Steven frowns. "What do you mean by torture?" He asks.

"I'm bad."

Is all he can say, before the door opens from outside.

(SORRY FOR SPELLING ERRORS; IM PLAYING RAINBOW 6 WHILE WRITING SO I CANT DOUBLE CHECK! I'm so sorry for the wait for the next chapter... I've been really depressed lately and have honestly been thinking about.. well y'know. I'm fine now! Kinda. I'll be updating way more atleast! Thanks for all of the support for this book! Peace!)