The... running out of chapter titles.

Creative, huh? ^^ ]
___________________ ]

The gems looked visibly uncomfortable, not talking. "They'd like to talk to you." Greg says impatiently, glaring at the gems. "Gh?," is Steven's halfhearted response, as he leans his head back on the chair.

"Ah, yes, we would... like to apologize for-" "God... stop." Steven insisted, lazily putting his hand up, putting it down shortly after. "No... nah." He breathed, chuckling. "Why not?" Pearl said annoyed. "Your being childish! Im obviousl-" "Now, don't make this about you. I know how much you love doing that... but still." Steven squeezed out.

Amethyst snickered, to which Steven scoffed and closed his eyes. The laughter stopped. "..'Nyways..." Steven started. "Don't need an apol... -ogy. I know you messed up, and I know you're not sorry for it. I've understood that for awhile now."

"What do you mean!? I'm terribly sorr-" "Again, Pearl, not a competition." He sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. Greg placed a hand on his shoulder, and gave him a sympathetic look. "Are they like this all the time." Steven shook his head and scoffed. "Back the-... now? Yeah. Not so much in my time, but this was them on a day-to-day basis when I was Steven's age." He informed.

Greg frowned, his face a mix of anger and pity. "Mh." He grunted in aknolagment, gazing back up the the gems. "So.. is there anything else? Or... can I... get some slllll...." his eyes closed for two seconds. He passed out. His eyes snapped back open and he gasped. "....sl..sleep." he breathed, trying to stay conscious.

"....you can get some sleep." Pearl nodded and stood from the chair, the other gems following in suit. "...Great." Steven pushed out before collapsing, his head banging against the table. Greg winced, and the gems didn't even acknowledge it.

He picked Steven up with some strain, walking back into the house and placing him on the couch, putting a blanket over him. "...dad?" Steven spoke from behind Greg. He turned around to face him, smiling weakly. "Yeah, kiddo?" "...Is Twoie okay?" He said, concern clear in his voice.

Greg chuckled and put a hand on Steven's hair. "He's gonna be fine, schtu-ball. Hes just tired, and needs some rest. That's all." Steven smiled at his, hugging him. "Alright."

AN; WHOOO!! MISS MEE!??? Sorry about that... pretty big break!! I was super busy, as I just started a new job!! Hipw you guys enjoyed this short chapter! More coming in the week ❤ again, sorry for being gone so long, will update frequently soon. Love you all, and have a good night 💖