Day 4

The day started out with a cannon. I didn't know who it was, but the lava was gone.

Jumping down from our cave, jasper and I went out seeking adventure. Soon enough, the game makers were doing to force us closer together.

So, we decided to head out now.

Jasper was leading the way. We headed towards the cornucopia. As far as we were aware, no one had claimed it so we wanted it.

As we approached the horn, we noticed a table. It was a feast. It must have been announced while we were sleeping. Diving behind the nearest rock, we scoped it out.

Hayley was sitting on the table, fitting a metal hand to his wrist where I cut off his last.

Mason was somewhat hidden behind a large Boulder across the opening. All of us had night vision goggles on. That's when jasper made the first move. He ran towards an unsuspecting Hayley.

Grabbing our bags he dashed away. Unfortunately Hayley saw him. Jasper tossed the bags and began to fight.

They were evenly matched until mason joined in. He looked crazy, fingers and teeth hanging from a rope around his neck and an insane look in his eye.

He threw a spear with such force, it impaled both of the boys directly through the neck.

Boom . Boom

Holding back a sob, I hid from mason. He grabbed his own bag and walked calmly back to wherever he had been living.

When the coast was clear I ran forward. Yanking the spear from their necks I carried it away. I was going to kill mason with this spear if it's the last thing I do.

Washing the blood from the tip, I began to engrave the names of all the tributes on the shaft. This victory wasn't for me, it never was. I'm going to avenge those tributes he so brutally killed.

Conner announced it himself, mason took part in 20/22 people's deaths. And I wasn't okay with that.

I dropped my backpack. Holding the spear with a sword strapped to my back I walked out into the open.

And soon enough, so did mason.

Our playing field crumbled. It was a perfect circle, giving us boundaries. No running this time. I unhooked my sword and advanced.

The spear retracted, which was pretty cool, and I strapped that to my back. We fought sword against sword for the longest time.

Back and forth. Perry and thrust. It was twenty minutes until our swords went flying off to the side. I jumped in his back and grabbed his necklace. Choking him, he stumbled around trying to throw me off.

Soon he just fell back. I rolled away, so not to get crushed. I thought I was safe, but the. Mason came back.

He punched me hard and I felt a crack in my jaw. Keeping it shut I attempted to stand, but failed miserably.

Mason grabbed me by the ankles and began to spin me like a lasso. He shot-putted me across our stone circle. I was at the very edge when I landed.

Once again, he was on top of me. Clumsily, I was blocking my face from his punches. He had pinned me down.

But bucking my hips, he lost his balance and fell forward. Grabbing his arms, I rolled on top of him and began to beat him. I was actually winning

After about 10 good hits, he copied me.
Launching me forwards, I rolled into my feet, feeling a crack in my ankle.

I shakily stood. Again we were a good 100 yards away from each other. He ran at me. I hoisted the spear up to my shoulder and let it fly.

This is it, I thought barely able to stay conscious, I'm going to die today.

"Congrats mason." I whisper. Closing my eyes, I accept my fate.