Chapter 3

I wake up and this time make no mistake about where I am. I am sore and exhausted but those are not the worst things. The worst thing is the thirst. My mouth is dry and I would do anything for a drink of water. The hunger is bad to but not too terrible... yet. I sit up and lean up against the wall. I am so tired. Who could get any sleep with these bright lights anyways?

 I sit there for a long time or maybe it's just a few minutes. I have no idea.

"Better get going" The voice says "Who knows how long it will take to reach the next checkpoint."

"Are you in A hurry?" I grumble, "because if you are it might be faster just to tell me where it is."

"And ruin all the fun?"

"Yay, fun." I sneer "whoopee." 

"I would not have that tone with me. Do not forget Tori, that I am the one who controls your fate" I cringe when he says my name.

I start to walk again, wishing I could get away from the ever watching eyes of the the computerized voice.

I walk until I feel that it could be night again but who knows I might just be getting bored. The light still do not dim. I Sit down and try to sleep but I do not feel tired enough to sleep with the lights on this bright.

"Think you could dim the lights?" I ask. but there is no answer. For a moment I wonder if I am alone but he probably doesn't answer because I already know the answer. I get up and walk again, occasionally jogging to see if I can tire myself out. It doesn't work. But eventually my legs can carry me no further and I have to sit down. I lie awake on the ground for the longest time. Until sleep takes me away from this horrid really bright place.