Chapter 11

I wake up curled in a ball. I get up without looking at the body. I can't afford to waste more time. I hate to think of him as a waste of time. I would like to bury him properly but that isn't an option. I walk slowly taking my time. I hope the voice is board watching me just walk. That's the only thing I can do. The only way I can have revenge is to not entertain him. Then I remember that he can do anything he wants to me at any time. He doesn't have to be board right now. Everything is the way it is because that is the way he wants it to be.
I sit and rest. Something tells me I will need all my strength for what happens next. I eat some fruit. I eat slowly savoring every bite. I drink from one of the bottle. I lean back on the wall and close my eyes. I tell myself it will be for only a moment but I wish it could be longer.
Then I hear something click next to me. I quickly Jump up and wildly look around. I have my hand on my knife. Nothing moves. A compartment in the wall opened. I approach it slowly keeping one hand on my knife. I peer into it. There are two big batteries. I think about the flashlight with the dead batteries. I bring it out and replace the batteries. I hold my breath as I turn it on. It lights up but I can hardly tell because its so bright. At first I am glad that it is working but then I get worried. What kind of plan is the voice making. It makes me scared. I shudder and turn off the flashlight. The light doesn't turn off. It changes color. It is now blue. I flip the switch again. Purple. then Red. Then Pink. Green. Then finally it switches off. I have never seen a flashlight like this. What could it possible be used for. I slip it into my backpack. I take another drink of water and go on my way. All the way trying to think of uses for the different colored flashlight. That's why I wasn't paying attention.
That's why I fell into the giant pit.
I put my hand out to grab something. For a terrible moment I can't find anything to gold onto. Then my hand touches the ledge. I latch on to it. My hands are sweaty and slippery.
"Tsk tsk you should have been looking were you were going." The voice teases. I hate him more then ever right now. I hate that he is laughing at me right now.
I try to pull myself up before my arms get to tired. It takes everything I have to get myself up. I have never been good at pull-ups. At that moment I wish I had payed more attention in gym class. When I do pull myself up I lie on my back for the longest time. Too tired to even get water out of my pack.
"Good Job. I thought for sure that was the end of you. It was for so many others."
I want to ouch him on the face. He keeps talking.
"Though that was an easy one so.." He lets his words trail off. I can't imagine his point in telling me this. What benefit could it have.
"Silly me for thinking this was a hard." I say trying to disguise how tired I am. How scared I feel.
I don't get a response.
"Done talking?" I ask.
"I'm sorry I did not know you wanted the company. I must say I wouldn't mind a conversation myself its quite lonely up here and you have been so quiet lately."
"Ya sure," I snort, "why don't we have that conversation face to face, You can have some company and I can punch you in the face."
I don't get a response.
I don't speak again.
I get back to the problem at hand.
What the heck am I supposed to do? .