19. Welcome Home

Lev followed you and Yaku into the house. Upon entering the living room you noticed how clean and furnished the house was. There was no way in hell it had been abandoned for that long. You took your new surrounding for a bit.

"Well? Do you like it?"

"Yeah, it's a really nice house. How'd you know about it?"

"I used to live here with my parents until I had to live with my sister."

"What happened?"

He looked down at you with a bit of grief in his eyes. He went on to explain that his parents had gotten in a bad accident about a year ago. Unfortunately, they didn't survive so he went on to live with his sister.

You apologized for bringing it up, but he quickly forgave you. That explained why the house was still in good shape. He mentioned that there were three bedrooms upstairs.

He told me that I would be staying in the master bedroom with him. I was allowed in Alisa's old room at the end of the hall. He made it clear that I'd only be staying in there if he wasn't home, wanted my own space, or if I was being disobedient.

Yaku would be taking Lev's old room which was located across the hall from the master bedroom. He was allowed to roam the house as long as I was around.

As you and Yaku began to get settled Lev decided he wanted to leave to get some groceries. He told you not to try anything because he would know. Once he left, you and Yaku both shared the same feeling of being watched.

"Do you think the house has cameras?"

"Probably. I wouldn't be surprised if the rooms had cameras too."

You threw yourself on the couch and Yaku sat close. You grabbed the remote and turned on the tv, looking for anything interesting to watch. It was odd how he could just leave and trust that you wouldn't try to leave. He most likely had cameras around the property and knew the area like the back of his hand.

You wanted to leave. Your heart craved freedom, yet you knew if you tried to leave something would happen. Before you would attempt escape you would at least let Yaku completely heal. If you and Yaku could both turn on Lev there would be no way for him to take on both of you. Then once you got free you'd be able to escape safely with Yaku.

Yaku looked over at your grinning face. He questioned why you were so happy. You told him that you'd bring it up later. You didn't know if the cameras could record audio so you didn't want to risk Lev hearing your plan.

You suggested that maybe you both should look around the house more not only to find the camera locations but to also be able to familiarize yourselves without Lev over your shoulders. Yaku agreed and helped you off of the couch.

You had checked in Alisa's old room to see one hidden in the corner between the curtains and the wall. You made it seem like you came into the room to look for something. The small vase of red salvia* caught your attention. You observed the pretty flowers before leaving the room.

Yaku gave you a signal telling you that the bathroom and master bedroom were clear of cameras. It surprised you how easily he found the cameras. Soon you both had searched the entire house besides the attic. Neither of you wanted to risk pulling down the ladder and have Lev question why you went up there.

While Yaku was searching some of the rooms you noticed him in pain. You took him towards the bathroom for several reasons. You had easier access to first aid, there were no cameras, and Lev brought up the fact that he wanted a bath but his ribs were still hurting him.